Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice! Love the colors. Enjoy!

Darell
Old 10-22-2010, 09:10 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Tony-- She looks gorgeous just the way she is: wonderful colors & shine in the fall CO sun. You must be a very happy man.
She's all kinds of dark blue delicousness. IMHO, the most important part is just to relax and enjoy
Don't change just for the sake of change, but defintely do what you want. The best thing about 911s & especially 993s is how beautiful they are stock, & yours looks to be a standout example. (Standing by for interior photos!)

There is plenty of time in the future for mods, but there's a certain beauty to enjoying what you have long enough to appreciate it, & then slowly & purposefully tweaking it toward perfection, with a vector from a solid foundation. I've known folks who pursued change for the sake of change from day one. That's fine, until 5-10 years rolls by & they still don't seem any closer to being satisfied. ...gives an impression that it's important to know exactly what an owner wants before jumping on the slippery slide.

Hmm. All kinds of owners, so maybe that's perfect for them, & maybe nearly every 993's a work of art to me.

Whichever way you go, though, will be fun to watch: really love the look of your ride Congratulations on having your dream car in your garage!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:10 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^ I modded my current 993 so extremely from day one, that some RLers have since confided they were disappointed they didn't even get to know it beforehand, or have long to watch the show. Although there were some unknowns that kept it challenging during her transformation, I had an overall vision that, IMHO, served well. That foresight came from knowing almost exactly what I wanted before I ever bought her, plus maybe a touch of obsession/ madness, such as flying overseas to research a couple that approached what I wanted. (Been fortunate to know what I wanted for ~a decade before purchase, even down to still waiting for 1 new part to be introduced to the market a couple years after ownership. Long time for my subconscious to gnaw on my imagination for what would be best for me.)

993s are magical to me. I'd been lucky to own a few Porsches beforehand, but will never forget my first 993. Your opening takes me back to that day...
Originally Posted by tjeff993
Today I finally accomplished a lifelong dream of owning a Porsche, and my favorite one at that.
...Many here know exactly how you feel; you sound like an ideal fit. You'll love this forum almost as much as your new beauty. WELCOME, Rennlist is a great place & 993s make the perfect palette for your automotive art, even when kept stock.

Last edited by curve lover; 10-23-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: 'Rennllist' ---> "Rennlist"
Old 10-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Spidey 993

Default Thanks guys and great advice

Thanks guys for the comments, I am very proud and I feel very fortunate. I just keep going to the garage and opening the door to make sure she's still in there. I had a moment with my son today like my father did with me. Let's just say there was some and his little 4 year old hand prints are all over the car.

And once again great advice. I think I will take the fall/spring and just drive her and enjoy. I love the simplicity of the look. However, I do see me adding a few mods along the way, but fairly conservative. I have my eye on indianpeaks911 turbo twist wheels, and that Fister muffler with that growl I could do for sure.

bbs993tt - I'm taking your advice and taking her up Hwy 6 towards BH and back down again. I love that road up through the mountains (I fly fish along that stretch - Clear Creek)

- Tony

P.S. Mike (Arena993) I paid on Tuesday, they picked up yesterday at 2pm, and dropped it here at 9:30am. You were right, they are a stand-up dealership and excellent to deal with. The microbrews are on me for sure.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Arena993 (Mike) know his stuff on these cars.

Congrats!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:08 PM
user 70801213
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and nice car from an other recent midnite blue first porsche owner!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Spidey 993

Originally Posted by curve lover
Tony-- She looks gorgeous just the way she is: wonderful colors & shine in the fall CO sun. You must be a very happy man.
She's all kinds of dark blue delicousness. IMHO, the most important part is just to relax and enjoy
Don't change just for the sake of change, but defintely do what you want. The best thing about 911s & especially 993s is how beautiful they are stock, & yours looks to be a standout example. (Standing by for interior photos!)
Thanks curve lover, it was very insightful and I appreciate you looking back and reflecting on your experience. It took me a good long decade to convince my wife to buy this car. I can't imagine how much time per mod it will take. So slowing down, enjoying what I have may happen naturally anyway.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats Tony. You are a lucky guy.

CO is my favorite place to drive my 993 as seen in my avatar.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:26 AM
911ist
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats! the car will keep that smile for a long time
Old 10-23-2010, 07:35 AM
arjag
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! I know the feeling, mine arrived a year ago and I am still grinning. I love your avatar too. As others have said, just get out a drive it, you will still be smiling next fall, they are a blast.
Have fun.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on your new Porsche, Tony. What a lucky guy! Living in Colorado and owning a 993. Beautiful combo.

My best friend lives in Glenwood Springs. He has a Harley Superglide and a dog named "Harley" to boot. I'd love someday to drive one of my Porsches out & about the Colorado roadways to visit my friend.

Enjoy.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome. Always nice to see someone here get such a nice car at a great price. Enjoy!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 AM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, and + 1 on taking your time with the mods. It took me almost a year before I started sliding. The benefit of waiting is you get to appreciate what you have, learn what you'd like to change and when you make each change it's like getting a new car all over again.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:46 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't see the price but congratulations! That baby isn't even broken in yet.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Tony..... Nice find. Every time I think I am done, I find another mod. The slope never ends for me. And, after owning 993s for several years I still sit in a lawn chair in the garage just looking at the car. I still find it hard to believe I own such a nice car. Enjoy and cherish those small hand prints, they grow way too fast.

Quick Reply: New 1995 993 C2 owner in Colorado!