Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT-2000 miles-Canadian Rockies-lots of pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Us Vancouver Islanders must think alike, my wife and I did the exact same trip in July; the most beautyful scenery in this part of the world. Great pictures.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing your pictures, looks stunning!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Ocean Blue C2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What great photos!!! I enjoyed them very much... we too took the highway to Escape 2010, and the scenery is indeed awsome...just a correction:

FYI Banff and Lake Louise are not in British Columbia, they are in Alberta.

Thanks for posting!

Bert
Old 09-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 380 Posts

God's country... thanks for the pics.

I remember driving from Prince George to Fort Nelson years ago (in a rental car) wishing I could have been in my 993.

Maybe someday!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Spectacular shots Bret!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Great thread and pix. More please!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:49 PM
firesm
Pro

Great pics, but seeing as how I'm getting my insulation and drywall delivered tommorrow so I can get may garage ready for winter - I could have done without the pics of the white stuff... I can't even say snow yet without throwing up in my mouth a little...
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cactus
Great thread and pix. More please!
I will try to upload some more later tonight. Takes a while to resize them and this time I will make them smaller so they don't require so much of the computer screen, sorry about that.

Originally Posted by firesm
Great pics, but seeing as how I'm getting my insulation and drywall delivered tommorrow so I can get may garage ready for winter - I could have done without the pics of the white stuff... I can't even say snow yet without throwing up in my mouth a little...
Snow is probably a long way off for you guys-maybe Thursday night?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:55 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95C4VanIsle
I will try to upload some more later tonight. Takes a while to resize them and this time I will make them smaller so they don't require so much of the computer screen, sorry about that.
Picasa or IRFanview both have a batch resize mode that can save time, but I do know what you mean, it's time-consuming. Another option is something like Smugmug. You upload once at full rez and then it gives you multiple links for sharing files in different sizes. Very cool, but it still takes time..

Anyway, thanks for sharing, looks like it was a fantastic trip.

BTW, did you ever get a motorsound airbox? (Loving my homebrew version.)
Old 09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jmarch
Breathtaking. BC easily has the most beautiful scenery in the WORLD! You are lucky to live there. Thanks for sharing.
BC is beautiful. But those pictures are from Alberta.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:49 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Picasa or IRFanview both have a batch resize mode that can save time, but I do know what you mean, it's time-consuming. Another option is something like Smugmug. You upload once at full rez and then it gives you multiple links for sharing files in different sizes. Very cool, but it still takes time..

Anyway, thanks for sharing, looks like it was a fantastic trip.

BTW, did you ever get a motorsound airbox? (Loving my homebrew version.)
I will look at both of the the photo sites this weekend. Anything that saves time would be helpfull. Thanks for the tip!

I didn't get a new airbox so I think I will try your method. I was busy at Mike's so I never actually got to hear your car after the drilling fest. I helped sweep up the plastic later( lol). Just how many holes did you punch in yours? Diameter of drill bit?

Cactus, you asked for some more so here are a few:
Attached Images          
Old 09-29-2010, 01:14 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

I will look at both of the the photo sites this weekend. Anything that saves time would be helpfull. Thanks for the tip!
Welcome, send me a PM if you want.

I didn't get a new airbox so I think I will try your method. I was busy at Mike's so I never actually got to hear your car after the drilling fest. I helped sweep up the plastic later( lol). Just how many holes did you punch in yours? Diameter of drill bit?
Mike was nice enough to just pull his own airbox off his car for me to use as a visual template. I think I used a slightly smaller diameter bit than he used, but no big deal, and once I got going it was pretty straightforward. Mike's press makes it a cinch. You can get some idea here as to the howto's.

I would suggest borrowing Mike's airbox (or someone else's,) to try on your car before you hack on yours. I was quite surprised at how much louder my car is a WOT. Not sure if it's significantly louder outside the car, but inside it's a fairly large change. I don't mind loud, within reason, but I wasn't sure I liked the tonal qualities of the new sound combined with the extra volume. It's grown on me now and I wouldn't change it.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:32 AM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Stunning. Love the bear shot. This is on my bucket list.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:36 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Welcome, send me a PM if you want.

Mike was nice enough to just pull his own airbox off his car for me to use as a visual template. I think I used a slightly smaller diameter bit than he used, but no big deal, and once I got going it was pretty straightforward. Mike's press makes it a cinch. You can get some idea here as to the howto's.

I would suggest borrowing Mike's airbox (or someone else's,) to try on your car before you hack on yours. I was quite surprised at how much louder my car is a WOT. Not sure if it's significantly louder outside the car, but inside it's a fairly large change. I don't mind loud, within reason, but I wasn't sure I liked the tonal qualities of the new sound combined with the extra volume. It's grown on me now and I wouldn't change it.
I think I will take your suggestion(s).

1. The wife has PS (for major changes) and uses Picassa for quick easy uploading of pic's to a website. I wish she had told me how to use it earlier

I think I will wait till I am in Mike's neighbourhood and try his airbox before I drill my own. I think I would like the sound but it would be better to hear it first.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Old 09-29-2010, 01:49 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 99three
Stunning. Love the bear shot. This is on my bucket list.
These shots are relatively easy in Banff/Jasper National Parks.

All you have to do is drive around until you find a lot of people parked on the side of the road. They will be trying to photograph a:

1. Chipmunk (minimal threat)

2. Deer (possibly a threat)

3. Elk/Moose (threat will depend on time of year, certainly a possibility during the rut)

4. If people are out of their cars (lots and lots of cars) with cameras, they are trying to photograph a member of the food chain or become a lesser member of it.

The picture of the bear was taken from inside our car.

Quick Reply: OT-2000 miles-Canadian Rockies-lots of pictures