Sponsored by: DashLynx

RS shift lever DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RS shift lever DIY?

Searched and searched. Can't find it. Someone have a link to the DIY on replacing the shift lever with the RS one?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are reffering to the shift ****, you can go to P-car.com and it shows you how to remove the ****. Very easy to do. it pulls right off and is held on the drivers side of the base, by two clips.
Al Z
Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Stuttgart951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Z
If you are reffering to the shift ****, you can go to P-car.com and it shows you how to remove the ****. Very easy to do. it pulls right off and is held on the drivers side of the base, by two clips.
Al Z
+1.

If it's just the shift ****, it's fairly straight-foward.

You'll love the difference. Enjoy.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:11 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think he us talking about the lever (SSK), not just the ****.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bart1
I think he us talking about the lever (SSK), not just the ****.
if so, there is a DIY on our web site. Link is just above the diagram: http://fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page2027.htm
Old 09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Yes, the lever, not the ****...
Mark, do I need the RS fork? all I got was the lever...Will it work with the stock fork?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Yes, the lever, not the ****...
Mark, do I need the RS fork? all I got was the lever...Will it work with the stock fork?
yes, on a C2 you need the fork also.
You cannot install the RS lever without the fork on a C2...
Old 09-20-2010, 05:17 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
if so, there is a DIY on our web site. Link is just above the diagram: http://fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page2027.htm
See - when I first read this thread I thought - well there is a great how to on the FD Motorsports website, having just done their awesome SSK w/golden rod which includes a modified RS shift lever, so I was going to post a link to it, then I thought - well maybe they wouldn't want someone directing someone else to their website to use it for a product that wasn't purchased from them. Then I went out and cut the grass (it takes about 3.5 hrs) I come back in for a break and Mark himself has directed them to his website! That's why when I need something for my car the first place I look is FDM - cool dudes who just want to help, and are a real asset to this place! Good luck with your shifter install - it's a breeze when use their excellent instructions.

p.s. this isn't a knock against you for where you buy your parts - I just wanted to point out that Mark and Darin are very helpful guys - even when it doesn't directly benefit them.

Last edited by firesm; 09-20-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Originally Posted by firesm
See - when I first read this thread I thought - well there is a great how to on the FD Motorsports website, having just done their awesome SSK w/golden rod which includes a modified RS shift fork, so I was going to post a link to it, then I thought - well maybe they wouldn't want someone directing someone else to their website to use it for a product that wasn't purchased from them. Then I went out and cut the grass (it takes about 3.5 hrs) I come back in for a break and Mark himself has directed them to his website! That's why when I need something for my car the first place I look is FDM - cool dudes who just want to help, and are a real asset to this place! Good luck with your shifter install - it's a breeze when use their excellent instructions.

p.s. this isn't a knock against you for where you buy your parts - I just wanted to point out that Mark and Darin are very helpful guys - even when it doesn't directly benefit them.
I'm planning on some interesting purchases from them...I use Suncoast for small stuff because I can pick it up.
BTW, Thanks Mark! I heard a car with Stage 2s the other night in St. Louis....now I can't sleep at night wondering where to get some "off the books" cash.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on some interesting purchases from them...I use Suncoast for small stuff because I can pick it up.
BTW, Thanks Mark! I heard a car with Stage 2s the other night in St. Louis....now I can't sleep at night wondering where to get some "off the books" cash.
Go stage III all the way - you won't regret it. Can you post a DIY on how to get some "off the books" cash... I've got a bunch more stuff to buy
Old 09-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Daily driver...can't go Stage III. I don't want it any louder for normal driving...
Old 09-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Here, here! 5 bonus points for FD Motorsports!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

wow, thanks

Steve, you have it right... we really enjoy these cars. The business started from that
Old 10-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Installed the lever and fork today. Used the DIY from Mark and Darin. Simple, simple process. I opted to remove the whole shift tube rather than mess with the 4mm hex nuts on the shuttle. Other than getting the car up in the air, it took me less than an hour. It drives fantastic.
Now I want the goldenrod!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 187 Posts

Daily driver...can't go Stage III. I don't want it any louder for normal driving...
Stage lll's on my DD here..not like these cars don't draw enough attention already. What's a little more from the loud pedal anyway...

ya know you want them

Quick Reply: RS shift lever DIY?