U WANTED TO GIVE ME $25,000 FOR THE PORSCHE

& U STILL DID NOT GET IT FURTHERMORE ALL THE
WORK WAS ALREADY DONE , TOP END & GEAR BOX
SO STOP TALKING NEGITAVILY ABOUT ME & MY PORSCHE

OK.....I better not hear or c any more posting about my
PORSCHE OR ME
JUDE

OMFGLMAOBBQROFLCOPTER

( oh my *freaking* god, laugh my *a* off, owned, roll on floor spinning around )
Old 09-16-2010, 07:20 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
You guy's must have hurt his feelings. He removed the stickers from the back of the seats ....
I hope he used the genuine Porsche heat gun to remove those genuine Porsche
crest stickers.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is/was aka "Mark Kahn" on Ferrari Chat (not his real name...nor is it "Jude"), username "WIND", and was bounced after stirring up some sheet...trying to buy/sell a VIN badge, etc. IIRC (?).

He buys/sells "exotics" out of his driveway and always uses the line about his broken hip...can no longer drive a stick, blah, blah, blah. (Dude, if you have a bad hip, then why do you keep buying manual transmission cars?)

Guy lives near me and I've invited him to my shop several times in order to help him prep/sell the car (detail, remove stickers, lower suspension) and even offered to write an ad in the King's English & take decent pics. Nope. He doesn't need my help. Car has been on the local Craigslist for about a year.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/1944647397.html

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
that is the car I was supposed to buy from the NASA guy in early May-without the crappy aero tail and grotesque pcar emblems everywhere. It was listed on ebay , his reserve was $21K. Car has 112K IIRC, no records, but cosmetically perfect. I agreed to $21k pending a PPI. Scheduled the PPI, scheduled the flight down-to drive it home. The PO sold it to this moron for $22K the day before I was to fly down. Car had mechanical issues that PO didn't disclose. I talked to this current owner just a couple days later.

The car was relisted on CL the night he bought it for $33K-remember, he paid $22K for it earlier. The CL ad was a hoot, all caps"too fast for me boys" crap.

The guy is a complete dip$hit. He gave me a bs story about owning the car for months, broke his leg now can't drive...he's a Ferrari guy he says. Probably one of the wierdest search experiences I had, ain't human nature a great thing!

So glad to see this POS still has the car. Based on follow up conversations with this guy, and the PO(who apologized for selling out from under me)the car needs $$$ invested.

At $22K, top end, clutch, suspension, and a few other minor things...and it would have been a pretty good DD for $30K all in.

Somebody call this idiot, and tell him you'll give him $500 less than he paid for it=$21,500 if he takes the stickers off.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Now he wants to part it out, I just LOVE the prices he wants, more then my local dealer!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ml#post5565325
Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Now he wants to part it out, I just LOVE the prices he wants, more then my local dealer!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ml#post5565325
Maybe he was trained at LA Porsche Dismantlers.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny_Ocean
He is/was aka "Mark Kahn" on Ferrari Chat (not his real name...nor is it "Jude"), username "WIND", and was bounced after stirring up some sheet...trying to buy/sell a VIN badge, etc. IIRC (?).

He buys/sells "exotics" out of his driveway and always uses the line about his broken hip...can no longer drive a stick, blah, blah, blah. (Dude, if you have a bad hip, then why do you keep buying manual transmission cars?)

Guy lives near me and I've invited him to my shop several times in order to help him prep/sell the car (detail, remove stickers, lower suspension) and even offered to write an ad in the King's English & take decent pics. Nope. He doesn't need my help. Car has been on the local Craigslist for about a year.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/1944647397.html
that's very amusing... as I mentioned, I was all set to have a PPI done at some indy in Melborne-near where the PO worked...Payload engr at NASA. The PO sold it to this guy the day before I was to fly down. When I contacted "Jude" that night(car was on CL for $33K)he gave me this very interesting story about owning the car. Said that he was a Ferrari guy, didn't know anything about Porsche's-his son said that 993's were cheaper to drive IIRC.

It was like pulling teeth getting the option codes etc out of him, I played along up till he started reading me the vin. That's where I finished the last 4-5 digit's of it for him, and told him I was the buyer from NY that he bought it out from under. I gave him as much history as I had, which was more than the PO gave him BTW. Honestly, I don't blame him for buying it-although I think he might regret it now, I harbor a slight resentment against the PO for not being honest about condition, but in the end I got a MUCH nicer car...and what I really wanted.

"Jude" and I went back and forth for a couple of nights about the car. He wouldn't take $25K for it, he wanted $26K. My whole intention was to get it cheap...$21K- agreed with PO, probably top end/clutch/suspension(I had HD's and Eibach springs for it), etc. Should have been a nicely sorted 993 for $30-32K invested. Beat the hell out of the car, then strip the sport seats out of it when it was time to sell. Simple really.

What a character this guy is! If I heard him say it once, I heard him say it a dozen times..."you got a hard on for this car"..."my Ferrari friend tells me that if you got a hard on for this car, you should $hit or get off the pot".

I told him, I was getting off the pot, GLWS...that was in mid May. I see his sales savy has reaped great reward.

Really, what is this guys day job?

My exchanges with him were a hoot. He has a heavy accent-of what origin I have no clue, and he likes to swear.

Really a colorful experience.

Anyone who actively searches for one of these cars, could probably write a book about it. I should have saved the voice messages, they probably would have gone viral on you tube.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Really, what is this guys day job?
Not sure. He's an older gent. Drives a work van.

Sent you a PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

I just scanned the pictures on his Pelican FS ad...he changed out the speedo! The speedo shows something like 73K on it. That car had over 112K miles on it when he bought it in mid May.

What a dirt bag.

ya you Jude!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

I just scanned the pictures on his Pelican FS ad...he changed out the speedo! The speedo shows something like 73K on it. That car had over 112K miles on it when he bought it in mid May.

What a dirt bag.

ya you Jude!
I noticed that, too. When you said 112k mi. in your earlier post, I though perhaps you had the wrong car.

Uh-oh. Felony time...
Old 09-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

once upon a time I had the vin, and a Carfax for that car. I don't think I saved it, as during the search I had white tablets FULL of various cars details.

That car definately had over 100K-came from a Chicago area dealer, and had no maintenance records. The PO(NASA guy) was a PCA member-is it Rocket Coast chapter or whatever, he worked with the chapter president at Cape Canaveral. The car was very well known in the local PCA.

Again, cosmetically stunning, no mechanical history.

I have all the emails from that time still in my deleated folder, I'll scan back thru them and see what else I can find...ya know, since I got a hard on for the car and all.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Well, apparently "Jude" is reading this thread...I e-mailed him asking about the cars details, including mileage. He replied "112k". I didn't question him about the pic of the odo, though...
Old 09-17-2010, 01:09 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow.

the fact that no one has bought this car from this guy for this long gives me hope
Old 09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Stuttgart951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny_Ocean
Well, apparently "Jude" is reading this thread...I e-mailed him asking about the cars details, including mileage. He replied "112k". I didn't question him about the pic of the odo, though...
Yeah, I think I may have crossed the imaginary line with that issue. Had to send in some backup for Mark.

Originally Posted by Stuttgart951

Jude/Mark/Mohammad/etc,

After you finish installing stickers on the headlamps (make sure they are large enough to cover the *entire* headlamp), could you please put together a DIY article on odometer rollback/replacement?

It will be helpful for me, in the future, when my car has 115,000 miles and I want to pass it off as having 73,119 miles.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike
Old 09-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Originally Posted by Stuttgart951
Yeah, I think I may have crossed the imaginary line with that issue. Had to send in some backup for Mark.
Well, I think he's telling US it's 112k as we called him on it. I'll bet a "civilian" looking at the car is being told 73k, based on the ODO pics.

Quick Reply: Not enough Emblems