Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Recaro seats in 993 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

its been implied in this thread but just to be clear in addition to the 'room' issue with bars and cages in a street car, far more important is having a solid fixed structure in the interior of the car when you are NOT wearing head protection or when you have passengers. There is a lot of movement fore/aft and lateral in a crash (search some crash testing videos in slow mo to see what I mean). Having a body part, or head come in contact with rollbars is not good. they are intended to work safely within a very secured restraint system and helmeted driver.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by clib
Having a body part, or head come in contact with rollbars is not good. they are intended to work safely within a very secured restraint system and helmeted driver.
Which explains why there's all that exposed tubing of a roll cage in your typical Jeep Wrangler. I had not been in one at all for years, and a couple of years ago I got one in Hawaii. Uh yeah. Simply bouncing around off road at low speed had my head extremely close to said tubing.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:13 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

IMHO, it's not possible to have a safe 5/6 point belt setup (roll bar) and a safe rear seat environment unless you are willing to do some changes between track and street. (I hope I never get rear-ended with my roll bar on the street)

Quick Reply: GT3 Recaro seats in 993 C4S