Looking for old hood badge & center caps

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:03 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by kjr914
That doesn't help....now I want one of the black+copper look badges! Might not go on the silver car, but is cool..kind of a patina thing.
Contrast is good.

Andreas
Old 07-29-2011, 02:45 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Darth Vader Badge Update

Update........
First and foremost, a big THANKS to RL Brother Andreas for this tasty modification he's concocted for the hood badge!

Behold Darth Badger....

Before:

After:

(and YES, she's a dirty girl in need of some care...)

No evidence of badge being pried off and stolen. (My prior badge showed such evidence, with one of the pins broken off like these when I pulled it off to put on the Darth hood badge. As well the gasket & badge edge were bent and the enamel cracked.) Badge was there the night before, drove her to work and back....gone. My guess is the pins just gave up the ghost, badge got loose & fell off. Who knows...

Old badge is back on for now, a brand new one just arrived in the mail (thanks, eBay, you crack dealer-like purveyor of random stuff). One of them might just have to make a trip out east like the one before. Fur zee treeetment...

ps. Someone let me know if you can't see these pics or the ones earlier in the thread, but I think i've got my missing pics issue solved....my RL picture folder was set to "private".

...does this mean you've been looking at my privates? ewww
Old 07-29-2011, 12:03 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by kjr914
Update........
First and foremost, a big THANKS to RL Brother Andreas for this tasty modification he's concocted for the hood badge!

Old badge is back on for now, a brand new one just arrived in the mail (thanks, eBay, you crack dealer-like purveyor of random stuff). One of them might just have to make a trip out east like the one before. Fur zee treeetment...
Br. Keith,
Please contact my warranty department for a swift resolution to this matter.

Andreas
Old 07-29-2011, 02:55 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Br. Keith,
Please contact my warranty department for a swift resolution to this matter.

Andreas
pm sent.

To be clear to others, I do NOT believe in ANY way zee AOW Clockundbadgerwerk's fine Euro-Maryland craftsmanship und zee treetment was the cause of my broken missing badge.

The Darth badge started as a used badge, so it had some number of years on it and may have had latent structural issues. There is a "weld" there where the pins join the badge that looks like it isn't very strong and possibly has gap-ing in the attachment where moisture ingress could start a corrosion process leading to failure. OR the damn thing was stolen...

Quick Reply: Looking for old hood badge & center caps