993 Forum 1995-1998

Is there a Hemi in that thing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:47 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
This is going to be interesting. Kinda wish I was here in the Hyundai...

I may be able to get some garage space this aft, failing which I think we are going to punt and head off Cape and inland early tomorrow AM.

We've rented a BEAUTIFUL cottage in Brewster, unfortunately part of the beauty is that it's essentially in a small forest clearing. I have visions of trees and tree limbs flying through the air onto and into the 993. Not going to take a chance.

So now I'm extending the offer of getting together for a drink tomorrow to those on the mainland!

Best,

Matt
good move...

in my experience, if heavier than it's been for many years wind comes though, limbs take flight...

It happens at my plan every few years. The trees get tested for wind tolerance and bad things happen.

good luck Matt!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have visions of trees and tree limbs flying through the air onto and into the 993.
After having lived through both Charlie and Wilma in Naples, FL I can assure you that the potential for that scenario, and the damage it can cause, is real. No way I would leave a car (or anything of value) outside in that. As Mark pointed out the fact that there hasn't been a storm in the area in quite a few years only adds to the risk. You're smart to wait it out elsewhere.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironimages
Ahh, yes hearing your car roll in the other morning at the track tipped me over the edge! Yes, I hope to have them installed for Mid-O so we will see!
So I will no longer be the center of attention....crap.

couple of things to be prepared for:

1. For the first few days you are going to be telling yourself...."this is too loud". Maybe a little self conscious. but then someone is going say something about how awesome the car sounds and that is the last you will ever worry about it

2. You will learn to shift out of the 2700-2900 rpm range on the highway...trust me.

3. Can be a pain to keep clean...lotta elbow grease needed to keep the tarnish off.

4. Your neighbors will learn to accept it.....

Old 09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Good news, storm winds forecast to weaken to tropical storm instead of hurricane. Even better, secured garage space and a generator, so we won't wake up to a disaster tomorrow...

Thanks Doug (DC from Cape Cod) for looking out for us and trying to find garage space.

Best,

Matt
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2010, 06:17 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Glad to hear it - I will try to post pics later.

Quick Reply: Is there a Hemi in that thing?