Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 9/19/10 POST YOUR PICS HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 01:22 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Nice showing, perfect weather and met some nice folks. They're probably still driving, hope to see some pics later.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:04 PM
spts
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great event today. It's too bad I couldn't take part in the drive, but maybe next time I will. It was also awesome to meet some of you in person.

Here are some pics i took:

--------
Ali
Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was definitely a good time meeting everyone! Steve, thanks again for making it happen!!

Denise, thanks for making my car feel so under powered!!

For those of you that stuck around for the drive, it was a fun! Sorry for the confusion at the start. The way back through sugarloaf was beautiful and we stretched out our legs once we cleared the slow cars and campers.

The traffic checkers on I-270 was errrrr... a blast I hope no one got pulled over, none that I could see anyway.

I passed it to the everyone, but we were thinking of putting together one last meet and drive before the winter. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd weekend of october once the fall colors hit. A bit longer one this time, out to Skyline Drive and back, the fun will be on the small twisty roads on the way there . Once on skyline, the traffic and cops squelch the fun. Good time to take in the scenery . Bring your spouses so that you don't have to ask for permision . It'll be fun. I think I got enough interest but, just wanted to put it out to everyone.

See you guys next time!

Last edited by jungleboy; 09-19-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:24 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ali, nice pics brother!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Meet today!

Drove all the way home barefoot btw...
Old 09-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Denise993
Pro

It was great to see everyone today! The weather was perfect and there were lots of beautiful cars! I've got to get my bumper and hood resprayed ... you guys put me to shame.

Arun, I was happy to contribute to your supercharger desires ... but am SO upset we lost to Houston ... Kubiak icing our rookie kicker ... Bastard! ... We still have our win over Dallas!

Steve, Thanks for organizing the drive and re: our conversation at lunch, I'm sure everything will work out for you just fine.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again soon!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 PM
bobesser
Pro

I was only able to stay for the meet, but, great weather, great cars and great people. Much thanks to Steve for putting this on.

Bob
Old 09-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Great to see everyone today and even though hardly any of you actually said you're definitely coming, you showed up in droves (from many different forums and the Dorki board too)!

I used a cheap camera to take pics but here goes...

First time I had seen this in the wild. I need these!

Yes, ladies drive supercharged 993's (ok, maybe one lady on this entire planet!). It was great to finally meet you and all the other folks that made this a great day.

Rootwood for the lady - the car came this way though before she got it and it looked awesome in this cab.

Have mercy... 825 HP. Nice joke, Taylor (her mechanic)

Man these things aged well! The rare 6 cyl from the factory version

History

Nice overall shape

Parking to within 1 inch of the scary curb. Truly miraculous parking job.

Great showing

Parking a 993 TT under a tree. Priceless (until about 20 birds start pooping on your car!)

White cars rock

Lovely mats. I need... but how do you keep it so clean in the mud and dirt of winter and rainy days? That gold part must eventually get really dirty

Love.

A 30K mile 964 Cab. How sweet and in perfect shape. May be for sale soon. Must resist calling him!

Holy hellcat Batman. What great condition

Me likey

Cool

You don't see these everyday... the phone, that is.

Cool speaker mount

Operator? Can you dial Suntrust Bank for me? I need to make a $27k withdrawal I need this car...

A supercharged woman, definitely not decaf

I need

The highlight of my day, checking out their brand new Ford Fiesta. Don't laugh, it was way cool and nice leather, too. They're 997 shopping and wanted to show up to check out our cars. Porsche people are the coolest... whether they own one yet or not.

Who is that guy? What, does he think he's actually in charge of something with those directions in his hand?

Starting out. Beautiful choice of a car... 993 C4S, someone with obvious great taste

Super duper charged

Hey, we only got lost 2 X on this ride!

Lunch - Tuscarora Mill has the best food in town for $10! The Motley Crue

After lunch, we took yet another drive...over Point Of Rocks bridge out of Leesburg

Sweetness...this is what it's all about. Driving our Porsches through the beautiful countryside, winding out those engines, scaring the local residents with our growling, howling cars )

Again, thanks to Arun for a great drive. Thanks to the new people for coming out. See you all soon, I hope.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
JD1027
7th Gear

All - great time, thanks for letting me tag along. Would really enjoy the fall drive - keep me posted!

-Joe D.
997 4s - seal/cocoa
Old 09-20-2010, 12:28 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

so upset I couldnt make this! Looks like a great group and so many beautiful 993's!

On a side note, was that 993TT parked under a tree a 993TTS? I saw one that color parked right down the street from the meet at Porsche of rockville a few years ago, I think the only one I have ever seen in person. At the time it looked like it had been sitting for a long time (flat tires, dirt from sitting, etc..)
Old 09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cohare
so upset I couldnt make this! Looks like a great group and so many beautiful 993's!

On a side note, was that 993TT parked under a tree a 993TTS? I saw one that color parked right down the street from the meet at Porsche of rockville a few years ago, I think the only one I have ever seen in person. At the time it looked like it had been sitting for a long time (flat tires, dirt from sitting, etc..)
993TT - owned by Bert, currently for sale, details on Pelican and 993TT forum.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Great to see everyone today and even though hardly any of you actually said you're definitely coming, you showed up in droves (from many different forums and the Dorki board too)!

I used a cheap camera to take pics but here goes...

First time I had seen this in the wild. I need these!

Very nice!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Stuttgart951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad the turnout was good... wasnt able to make it in time.

The mental image of Taylor writing that to the left of the screw is humorous.

I don't know you, personally, Denise, but he and I were actually discussing your car a couple weeks ago when I was last down there. Beautiful example.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Denise993
Pro

Originally Posted by Stuttgart951
Glad the turnout was good... wasnt able to make it in time.

The mental image of Taylor writing that to the left of the screw is humorous.

I don't know you, personally, Denise, but we were actually discussing your car a couple weeks ago when I was last down there. Beautiful example.
Sorry you couldn't make it. Taylor is a good guy. Yes, he was very proud of himself writing the 825HP ... it definitely gets conversations started!

I hope to see you at the next meet and drive!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
SheepHerder
Advanced

Had a blast!! This was my first event this year with my Car (Aventurine 993) and look forward to many more. Thank you Steve for organizing this event. I’m glad my wing man had a Droid and the directions/your cell number you provided, things got a little crazy after the U-turn. lol
I’ll post my pictures when I get home from work today.

Originally Posted by jungleboy
The traffic checkers on I-270 was errrrr... a blast I hope no one got pulled over, none that I could see anyway.
Yes it was! Nobody got pulled over, I was bringing up the rear, and since there was 5 of us things were a little tighter for me to squeeze in. Good meeting you and I hope to make the skyline trip your organizing.

Quick Reply: MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 9/19/10 POST YOUR PICS HERE!