Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone Else for a Speedster Build?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:22 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Else for a Speedster Build?

No affiliation, blah, blah, blah...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-911-964-...efaultDomain_0
Old 08-24-2010, 09:23 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Just an FIY, the top material had a hole in it just above the passenger side front latch area that you could see in the pictures the last time these parts were offered on German eBay in early July. Photo-shop??
Old 08-25-2010, 05:52 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Your X-ray showed a broken rib, but we fixed it in Photoshop.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Just an FIY, the top material had a hole in it just above the passenger side front latch area that you could see in the pictures the last time these parts were offered on German eBay in early July. Photo-shop??
In fairness, he did call this out in the eBay ad:
NOTE: **These items were previously listed. One photo showed a small blemish on front passenger side of the Speedster top, which has since been professionally restored. Before and after photos can be viewed at the link below.**

Please see photos and ask all questions before you bid! No returns or refunds after purchase. Buyer is obligated to pay all shipping costs.

38 high-resolution photographs here: http://img838.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=afterrestored.jpg

But Bruce's cartoon IS still hilarious!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kjr914

+1
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

In fairness, he did call this out in the eBay ad:
Good call, Keith, I think I'm Guilty! I either totally missed that or the seller added it later. Maybe he's a Rennlister or has 'friends' on the forum ...?? At any rate, the last auction was a no-bidder, we'll see where this one goes. It would be a High-Risk move to shell out this kind of coin without physically inspecting everything IMHO, especially after this Caveat 'Please see photos and ask all questions before you bid! No returns or refunds after purchase.'. How else does an entire Speedster top assembly become available unless the car was stolen and/or totaled? I would want to inspect it all very closely.

Last edited by JPP; 08-26-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:35 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JPP
Good call, Keith, I think I'm Guilty! I either totally missed that or the seller added it later. Maybe he's a Rennlister or has 'friends' on the forum ...?? At any rate, the last auction was a no-bidder, we'll see where this one goes. It would be a High-Risk move to shell out this kind of coin without physically inspecting everything IMHO, especially after this Caveat 'Please see photos and ask all questions before you bid! No returns or refunds after purchase.'. How else does an entire Speedster top assembly become available unless the car was stolen and/or totaled? I would want to inspect it all very closely.

Not only the top, has the doors and inside cards to go with them, as well as the windscreen attachments (or so the pictures make it sound).
Old 08-26-2010, 04:09 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

There seems to be a fair bit there, but I can assure there's a whole host of other parts that will be required to convert a cabrio into a Speedster. Those are the visable parts and are 'top dollar' prices considering that they are after, all 16 or 17 years old, so buyer beware! Inspection required if possible I'd say!
Graham
Old 08-26-2010, 06:13 PM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Graham: Thanks for the experienced and definitely knowledgeable input. Do you have a laundry list of the other parts needed?

Quick Reply: Anyone Else for a Speedster Build?