Sponsored by:

C4S going into shop tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:15 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
When all is said and done, I'll have a pair of 225/40/18 Pilot Sports for sale-naturally they have slight uneven wear outside to in. Details to follow...
Unfortunately, you're in NY and I'm in CA, since I've got the matching 285/30/18 50% wear rears sitting in my garage.... Anyone want them? Originally posted on PCA for $200 for both, but I'd just like to get them out of the garage. I have pics if you'd like.

Magdaddy,
I've got the Hankooks and I've been using them for commuting and AX. Decent. Softer sidewall, so more roll-over than the PS2s, so you'll need higher pressures for AX.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by kjr914
Unfortunately, you're in NY and I'm in CA, since I've got the matching 285/30/18 50% wear rears sitting in my garage.... Anyone want them? Originally posted on PCA for $200 for both, but I'd just like to get them out of the garage. I have pics if you'd like.

Magdaddy,
I've got the Hankooks and I've been using them for commuting and AX. Decent. Softer sidewall, so more roll-over than the PS2s, so you'll need higher pressures for AX.
I think the fronts are junk also...inside's are waaay more trashed than a ground level visual inspection revealed. I'm surprised you can't sell the rears. Keep bumping the post, I sold the Kuhmo's that came as a spare set with the car to a RL'er with a 996 in NYC.

Don't give them away for christ sakes, thats mad mod money ya got there brother!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts
Default picking car up Friday

ok

new tires-Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110's,225Fronts, 295Rears
Walrod bushing's
Wevo motor mounts
clutch slave and hose
front brake pads/sensor's, etc
rebuilt distributor(s) w/new belt
new caps/rotors-excessive wear, Joel thinks they are original
alignment/corner balance...there was waaay too much camber on every corner, and more on the right side, than left. A perfect setup for Pocono according to Joel-so much for a street "compromise" setup as I was told. Joel set it up to a Euro RS spec, of 1.2 degrees at all corners.

Car revs so fast now, he thought it had a LWF in it!

I also did a PPI-Post purchase inspection. Car got flying colors mechanically, really comforting.

Anyway, going to get it Friday. Looking forward to a fall meet up with some of you...somewhere.

Quick Reply: C4S going into shop tomorrow