Sponsored by:

Auto Transport/Shipping...Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:13 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MKK993
Has anyone used an 8'x20' container to ship a vehicle over the ocean? To Hawaii for example. What method would you use to tie it down and protect it so it doesn't shift during transport and damage the car?
This isn't much help but since no one else is chiming in I'll give you this info. When my neighbor shipped his Mercedes to Dubai last year he let Fed Ex handle the entire operation. He was told about mandatory insurance for overseas shipping and 'mandatory tie-downs' in the container. I can't get into specifics of the tie-downs but the Mercedes arrived in perfect condition. Fed Ex may be able to provide that specific info for you. Apparently this is all routine to them.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:08 PM
MKK993
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the Fed Ex option. I will look into their requirements and use that as a guideline. I used Pasha to ship the vehicle from the west coast to Honolulu, but I'm concerned with the interisland service. The open deck shipping accross the channels and the angle of the barge ramps allow too many opportunities for damage.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
sammy4410
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Transport Companies

I go to auto transport review websites before I choose any places, I had a bad experience where they took my whole navigation system out of my Tahoe. That company had great reviews on transport reviews.com. Now, I go to http://www.tierads.com/ That is a great review website.

Quick Reply: Auto Transport/Shipping...Ideas?