Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

How to illuminate - the unused US Center Reflector Positions for Marker & Stop light

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 03:41 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Tried to load vid. but it appears to be upside down. Still shows how well it worked. I'm much better with wrenches than I am with computers. Brake lights 09-14.zip
Old 09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
964 harness won't work. I installed the extra brake lights on my RSA back in the day and the bulb holders are completely different. The ones on the 993 are VERY shallow, the 964 ones are much deeper.
Since Ilko stated the above, that the 964 wiring harness I am now in possession of, aka interesting hanging parts mobile now on display in the garage, I am now sourcing a rear back up light wiring harness for the 993, since I really want it to look factory if possible (plus apparently I am a gluten for punishment).

I have made some progress on the VW/Audi part numbers as it relates to leveraging the existing round connector. The actual male and female pins area available at my VW parts counter for me to add the necessary input for the rear fog lights using the factory plug. I'll share the part numbers once they arrive at the dealership, lets just say its there is no p-car tax on it.

rob

Quick Reply: How to illuminate - the unused US Center Reflector Positions for Marker & Stop light