Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Monterey 2010 photo thread: Pebble, Laguna, Legends, Quail, etc. ...918 Spyder!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
EB847
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exhibit A regarding the wife. She helps detail too. KEEPER!
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EB847
Exhibit A regarding the wife. She helps detail too. KEEPER!
^^

At June's Dana Point Concours, I stopped detailing to talk 'Speedsters' with fellas that walked up. Soon, I noticed their questions stopped, & they were staring in awe behind me. I turned around to see my lady cleaning Speedy where I left off. KEEPER!

Now, if I could just get her to quit her job & return to Monterey car week with me
... At least there's 1 responsible adult in the family!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default McCall's Motorworks Revival at the Monterey Jet Center

Recent photography of Gordon McCall's Motorworks Revival, by Kevin Hulsey:

^^ Copyright 2010 Kevin C. Hulsey, Automotive-Stock-Images.com.

Last edited by curve lover; 05-13-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: fix ded pic lnx
Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 PM
ohdavey6286
Pro

Car ****......whew
Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 PM
eshaun
Track Day

Originally Posted by curve lover
Shaun-- ^^ As Def Jam comedian Jean K. Jean would say: incroyable!!!
Very glad you could make the party! (However: remove all photographic evidence, so that RLers don't find out I've enjoyed 918 viewings with RLers twice in four days

Have any Legends of the Autobahn shots to post? Please zap me Speedy pix from there whenever convenient.

Was surreal fun having you, AlpinaDVL, Marc, Kristen, & national PCA staff there all at the same time!
Thanks and of course hehe, been a busy week but finally had some time to catch up and upload a few more from the 918 unveiling

Old 08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
eshaun
Track Day

and a special guest from porsche AG...if you know then you know

Also uploaded the most interesting photos from the Legends of the Autobahn and Concourso Italiano events to the gallery here. Enjoy!

GALLERY LINK --> http://www.flickr.com/photos/eshaun/...65096974/show/

Old 08-28-2010, 08:18 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Shaun-- ^^ As far as I'm concerned, Rennlist has now served its ultimate purpose: to display your 918 photography! Superlative.

Everyone-- What are the below wheel discs that look like clear plastic dust shields on all the press photos?
I can attest the 918 definitely doesn't have 'em in real life
Good write-up of the private Spyder viewings by RLer ExcMag, whom I crossed paths with in Monterey. He interviewed the same man Shaun, Alf, & I talked to, or as eShaun says, "a special guest from porsche AG...if you know then you know."
Most importantly , Pete solves the mystery of the wheel covers

Excellence Magazine's "918 Spyder Walk-around in Monterey"
Originally Posted by Pete Stout

The large, multi-spoke centerlock wheels were missing the clear covers they featured at the 918’s world debut. When questioned, Mauer chuckled. “If I am honest, they have been (temporarily) lost!”
The clear discs were designed to be removed according to customer preference, and he suspects some will like the car better without them (we do).
The clear covers — and the wheel design itself — are meant as a reference Porsche race cars of old, as Mauer liked the central dishes seen on 935 and 956/962 wheels.
Wheel covers on this Geneva debut photo:

Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Significance:
Originally Posted by Lamborghini factory press release

"Lamborghini Super Trofeo Impressive results in early testing"

Automobili Lamborghini announced the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo – the world’s fastest one-make series. The series will feature a lightweight version of the Gallardo LP 560-4 super sports car launched earlier this year. The Super Trofeo will come with a reworked chassis, significantly reduced weight of only 1300 kg, and power output of 419 kW (570 hp) from its V10, ‘Iniezione Diretta Stratificata’ engine.

Lamborghini has a clear objective to ensure the Super Trofeo is the fastest one-make series in the world.

The race car will feature Lamborghini’s permanent four-wheel drive, making the Super Trofeo the only one-make, all-wheel drive motorsport series. Lamborghini will build cars for a 30-strong grid, available to individual professional and ‘gentleman’ drivers, as well as Lamborghini dealer teams. One factory car, reserved for celebrity ‘guest drivers’, will be included in the line-up at each round.

With the Swiss watchmaker as title sponsor, The Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo will run over European race weekends alongside other prestigious series such as the FIA GT Championship, DTM and FIA WTCC (World Touring Car Championship).

The Super Trofeo car and parts package is offered at 200,000 euro plus tax and entry fee, via Lamborghini dealerships, with support and parts trackside. The prestigious ‘Lamborghini Village’ will provide a luxurious paddock package in true Lamborghini style, for drivers, sponsors and guests.
Jäger shot:

Old 08-29-2010, 02:16 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I steal pictures. I think I have a problem ....
Old 08-29-2010, 09:46 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Gordon McCall's Motorworks Revival at the Monterey Jet Center

Originally Posted by JPP
I steal pictures. I think I have a problem ....
JP-- Clean 'em off & put 'em back when you're done. I won't tell anyone ... our secret!
Thanks in part to RLer PorscheMeister & others' enthusiasm, one of Speedy's many CA highlights was being hand-picked for the following by Mr. McCall (co-founder of The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering).

Posted today on SuperCars.net - "McCall's 2010 Motorworks Revival at the Monterey Jet Center:"
Originally Posted by SuperCars.net

Gordon McCall's Motorworks Revival at the Monterey Jet Center is one of the most exclusive lifestyle events of its kind in the country.
The one night event privately kicks off the World-Class automobile week held each August on the Monterey Peninsula.
With an "A-List" of VIP guests from Hollywood celebrities to Captains of Industry, this "Jet Set" crowd arrives in first-class style, to feast on the latest offerings from some of the world's top luxury brands in a relaxed and elegant party setting.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 AM
eshaun
Track Day

Shaun-- ^^ As far as I'm concerned, Rennlist has now served its ultimate purpose: to display your 918 photography! Superlative.Good write-up of the private Spyder viewings by RLer ExcMag, whom I crossed paths with in Monterey. He interviewed the same man Shaun, Alf, & I talked to, or as eShaun says, "a special guest from porsche AG...if you know then you know."
Most importantly , Pete solves the mystery of the wheel covers
Thanks buddy, maybe someone can upgrade my title to photo guru

Interesting bit of research on those wheel covers too. And couple of my walking around pics of the Super Trofeo (talk about a serious track toy )

there's a few more in my unretouched walking around photos from CI here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eshaun/...th/4909389783/
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

JP-- Clean 'em off & put 'em back when you're done. I won't tell anyone ... our secret!
Thanks in part to RLer PorscheMeister & others' enthusiasm, one of Speedy's many CA highlights was being hand-picked for the following by Mr. McCall (co-founder of The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering).

Posted today on SuperCars.net - "McCall's 2010 Motorworks Revival at the Monterey Jet Center:"

Hey you ~ Your PM went bye bye

Can you send it again?

More pictures please
I'm loving this.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey you Younguns getcher cars off MY LAWN! :-)
Old 09-26-2010, 12:56 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OT: ... just pulled all-nighter meeting a deadline (due 3 nights ago, but there's no need to mention that) guess that's why it's called night school.
RL's better than caffeine!
Originally Posted by RJT
Hey you ~ Your PM went bye bye

Can you send it again?

More pictures please
I'm loving this.
Jo-- Perfect: the last PM I sent was the answer to the question you'll see when you click this direct "Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER" thread link.
... & it's about the following Monterey picture, which is now new here.
I bet sharp-eyed Porsche-o-philes will know the answer ... even if you stayed up all Sat night for a much better reason

Brought to my attention by the great man who photographed & shared the most prevalent Speedy pix on the interwebs:

Uploaded yesterday to MadWhips.com's "McCall 2010 Motorworks Revival" page by user SuperCars.net...

^^ © 2010 by Richard Owen

Last edited by curve lover; 03-22-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:21 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Baja Cantina

Quick Reply: Monterey 2010 photo thread: Pebble, Laguna, Legends, Quail, etc. ...918 Spyder!