Sponsored by:

Last battery charger you'll ever buy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
According to the manufacturer, the reason why this charger even came to market was that the other chargers weren't keeping his cars charged for long periods of time. He tried them all.
Moe, I'm sorry to say but the poor guy had no clue what he was doing if that really is the case. There have been plenty of more-than-adequate battery charger/maintainers on the market for well over ten years.

I may sound like a broken record at this point, but then you also talk about the "Load Tester" feature knowing full well now it hardly is a load tester. Cripes your headlights on high beam, your fan on high speed, your wipers on a dry windshield and rear window defroster altogether load a battery more.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to both of you for the info.

My CTek works fine and has been doing the job for a while now. No discharges, no explosions, etc.. It's a standard car battery and it seems to be okay with the CTek.

CTek also sells more expensive "pro" versions, but it's overkill for consumers like myself. So, I'm fine with what I have.

It's tough being a consumer when you see products marketed as "the best" out there, and it puts doubts in your mind about what you are currently using. I guess that's how marketing works. But some of us don't have time (or knowledge) to learn all the intricacies. Therefore it's nice to hear opinions from those who do know.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 738 Likes on 390 Posts

Thanks for the business everyone...GB met and we've still got another 6 days to go. We'll ship these orders out Monday or Tuesday...waiting on the cases and longer cable. All orders will ship USPS Priority shipping...so most of you will get it in 2-3 days.

1. Okpops (Rennlist)
2. Roverrich (Rennlist)
3. Anonymous (Current Client)
4. Anonymous (Web Client)
5. Mark D (Rennlist)
6. Anonymous (Web Client)
7. Tbarcelo (6speed)
8. imcarnuts (6speed)
9. Ucube (Rennlist)
10. GR997S (Rennlist)
11. Country911 (Rennlist)
12. EZ Cookin (6speed)
13-16. Edgy01 (Rennlist)
17. GF (Web Client)
18. KM (Rennlist)
19. Anonymous (Web Client)
20. Anonymous (Web Client)

Last edited by MoeMistry; 08-12-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:04 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Some of the things this unit does, seems isn't up to the standards Alex is use to. After all, he's developing technology for the military.
Its not a matter of what standards I am used to, its a matter of a battery charger doing what it is supposed to do based on battery manufacturer's maintenance/care recommendations. And yes, some of the features like that Load Tester are not a load tester at all, not if you go by the accepted definition.

No, I am not developing technology for the military. I am evaluating the claims of battery charger manufacturers. As a federal employee, I'm a smart consumer for them and I don't believe claims till I verify them and see real results. Due to our incredibly high rate of battery failures and disposal, our military is looking for solutions. Ever price a 6T AGM battery?

And one of the battery chargers used by the US military that claims to recover/rejuvenate batteries that I have tested and that costs some $2500 is a complete joke based on results...by the way, it uses patented pulsing technology...wow!

Cripes, is business ever good at soaking governments and are governments and consumers ever gullible.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Cripes, is business ever good at soaking governments and are governments and consumers ever gullible.
I have worked for local governments for the past 36 years. If you and I handled our personal finances in the same manner that the government does, we would be broke and in jail. There is tons of waste in government. Oversight is lacking and audits are few and poorly done. Very sad.

Great thread. I enjoy spirited debates. Particularly when there is a subject matter expert involved that is well spoken.

Good luck with the sales. This is a hard time to be a sales person.
The following users liked this post:
IXLR8 (04-07-2023)
Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 738 Likes on 390 Posts

Last day folks! Thanks again for all your orders and most of you that have already ordered should have your units by Friday.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I enjoy the spirited debate and am learning a good bit. I just wish LTC had jumped in on this.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I enjoy the spirited debate and am learning a good bit.
I'd be willing to test one here at work if they are willing to supply one. Of course all test data will be published.

Quick Reply: Last battery charger you'll ever buy!