Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline RS heater bypass install

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 136 Posts

Contact the guys at Rennline. I am sure they will help you sort it out. Good guys who stand behind their products.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guardsredcab
I bought a CF piece from Fabspeed. Had same problem. After I complained, they tried to install one themselves and found it wouldn't work. They gave me a full refund. (Thanks Alex!) Said they were designing an extra piece to make fitment work. Don't know what the status of that is. I ordered an OEM piece from FD and had a hell of a time installing it too. But, after several hours of cussing and sweating, it finally went in. Secret is to fit it into shroud first - counterintuitive. You must have the 964 shroud - which is what came on '95 993s. Not sure when they switched to 993 shroud. CF may look cooler, but the OEM plastic works!
FWIW my car is a 1995 too but I had the 993 shroud not the 964 one.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bart1
I think you should give Rennline a chance to make it right.
Originally Posted by AOW162435
Agree. Rather than pissing away so much time with the installation, or now living with an expensive product that has a poor fit, take a few pics and send an email to them. I would be shocked if they tell you, "tough luck"....

Andreas
Originally Posted by Carrera51
Contact the guys at Rennline. I am sure they will help you sort it out. Good guys who stand by...
Yes, Yes and Yes.

My original post was a half part venting frustration, but more importantly a head's up to save folks the same aggravation. You rightfully point out I owe Rennline the chance to make things right - heck, I am willing to drive over to their shop sometime and they can test fit themselves.

I am a little busy with work at the moment, so I am going to close this thread until I have time to follow up properly with Rennline.

I will report back asap.

Best,

Matt

Quick Reply: Rennline RS heater bypass install