Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '95 Cab is an August '94 build I believe (need to check the paperwork)--I have had it a little over a year and put almost 10k miles on her (now at 102k), and every day I drive it I am amazed at how tight the car is (I had my '09 Cayenne when I got this car and with 8k miles it had more creaks than the 993!).

As with Andreas, when I bought mine I drove it home (not coast-to-coast, but Florida to Illinois). I wouldn't think twice about doing a trip like it again either.

Hope your car arrives soon so you can enjoy!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 AM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

I've owned 42 cars, 7 of them Porsches, and maintained/repaired them all myself. The Porsches include 912, 911T, 911SC, 924, Boxster, and 993, and have been the well-engineered, reliable, and long-lasting. The 993 which I've had now for 6 years is the best of the bunch. It still turns head wherever I drive it, and I still look back at it after I park. Every time I work on it, I marvel at the thought that went into its design. It is automotive poetry.

There is a tremendous volume of information about 993 problems, largely because they are driven by enthusiasts, people who care about the car, who want to understand how it works, learn about its little quirks and foibles, repair and maintain it themselves. In short, they love these cars. So, be prepared to fall in love when your 993 arrives--they are very engaging cars, but like a beautiful woman, don't tolerate indifference.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 AM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After purchase, I drove it coast-to-coast. If needed, I'd do it again tomorrow.
Lets do it on Saturday, so we can get a few other R'listers join the road trip!

Quick Reply: Potential problems