Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

In keeping with the "everything" is a mod theme-SHED mod Stage l pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:52 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Every so often, Northern Tool has a sale on Hot Dawg's. You just missed a heater sale, there. I got my 45k during a particularly good sale for about $400.
Nice looking building.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by 600RR
Nice attention to detail. Did your folks proud by your work. Beautiful property, too.
thank you, thats a wonderful sentiment. My father was a very talented finish carpenter-back before you could waltz into a big box store and buy cherry/oak cabinets-he was your man. Growing up, I was fortunate enough to be involved in some spectacular addition/remodel jobs.

As we drove together, he would always comment about house detail, and especially how some home additions simply didn't match existing. You always want an addition to a property to almost go un-noticed...like it's always been there.

As the old cape has been remodeled and grown, I've been extremely mindful of incorporating the detail, and carrying it into the new bits. Attention to detail, in the cookie cutter, wrap it in vinyl mentality that home construction is today, is sorely lacking IMHO.

Attention to detail takes time, and time is money, even if your doing most of the work yourself.

Heree's another of my favorite pics-main garage corner with shed addition in the background.

thanks again for the knid words
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 187 Posts
Default winter storage....

well, today was the day. First good snow storm, and I finally needed to get the tractor for plowing to the front part of the garage. So it was time to put the
C4S in her winter home.

The heater went in a couple of weeks ago, I went with the Modine Hot Dawg 30K BTU. The heater is very quiet, and warms the space up from 30-60 degrees in only about 20 minutes...pretty amazing how infrequently it has to cycle to maintain space temp too. I just finished the hi lift conversion this last week on the overhead door, so besides the mid rise lift...the shed addition is finally done. I've hesitated on getting the lift-still awaiting the 1/4" thick stainless pieces from my buddies fab shop for the rollers to roll on in the pit to protect the floor. I've settled on the actual lift, just holding off.

Anyway, I hated to put the car away. Now I gotta get a battery tender, and I'm good to go.
Attached Images      
Old 12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 271 Posts

She looks so happy in that warm garage. The snow pix reminds me of last year's winter blizzards in MD.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 192 Posts

This is a very sad photo:

Mine is the same way unfortunately, done for the winter. Have the Warlod bushings to play with this year, not much else on the P-car.

But I'm planning on installing a Frankenturbo in my Audi to keep things fun...
Old 12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
jlb_94611
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quite a nice garage and great to have the skills to be able to build it!

Quick Reply: In keeping with the "everything" is a mod theme-SHED mod Stage l pics