? For long term RejeX users

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ? For long term RejeX users

I've been happy with the results I've been getting using Zaino for a few years, but I'm looking to save time due to various reasons.

I recall that RejeX is very fast and easy to use with good results. Do you long time users of RejeX find that it has passed the test of time and still provides a great look?

Thanks for the feedback,

Bill
Old 07-03-2010, 02:42 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't used it, but for an easy detail, I recommend looking at the Ultima line of products avalanle at Autopia Car Care.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

I never used it on the Cactuswagen but love it on all my other cars.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I use Rejex on the wheels.
I just ordered some Collinite 845, based on recommendations from the Concours forum, although it's just for the new daily driver, not the Porsche (although people do use it on their Porsches as well, since it does last about 6 months)
Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

I realize everybody has their own favorite flavor of magical products, but I've been using this stuff for a while after an experienced detailer told me he thought it was the best out there (he also uses it as his clay bar lube.)

http://www.clearkote.com/

I know the website and the packaging looks a bit cheesy, but it really is great stuff.

You can get it here: http://www.detailedimage.com/Clear-K...-P48/16-oz-S1/
Old 07-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Ask 100 people about wax, get 100 different answers!

I use rejex on my daily drivers, both silver, with great success. However, I don't think it shines well on my guards red 993.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Benton
Drifting

I love Rejex. It seems to last longer, and as long as the paint is clean, shines great. It won't fill any scratches or anything, though. I don't have hours to spend waxing my car 15 times... Rejex it every 6 months or so for 30 minutes and I'm good to go.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:36 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Benton
I love Rejex. It seems to last longer, and as long as the paint is clean, shines great. It won't fill any scratches or anything, though. I don't have hours to spend waxing my car 15 times... Rejex it every 6 months or so for 30 minutes and I'm good to go.
+1 I have been using Rejex on my two previous black cars and if you have good paint to start it is the best on black. The reflectivity properties are very very good and when it rains, the stuff is phenomenal. I use it on everything exterior even the glass. I found it years ago in a pilot shop in Lancaster.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, guys. Much appreciated!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I have used Rejex on one of my cars for a couple years. I do a lot of car care product testing and evaluations and find it a satisfactory sealant. I have probably 20-30 waxes or sealants ony shelves at any given time.

Having said that, I much prefer the gloss and durability of Zaino and use that on all of my other cars. Remember that a good supporting Quick Detailer is key to maintaining any wax or sealant.

If you want to speed up the process a bit and add some swirl removing capabilities to your process I would suggest you try Zaino All-In-One. (sounds like you use Z2 now) It requires no mixing and applies and removes really fast. Great for full jobs or just touch ups. It's my go-to product of choice now especially when time is always short but I am as picky as always!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BradB
I have used Rejex on one of my cars for a couple years. I do a lot of car care product testing and evaluations and find it a satisfactory sealant. I have probably 20-30 waxes or sealants ony shelves at any given time.

Having said that, I much prefer the gloss and durability of Zaino and use that on all of my other cars. Remember that a good supporting Quick Detailer is key to maintaining any wax or sealant.

If you want to speed up the process a bit and add some swirl removing capabilities to your process I would suggest you try Zaino All-In-One. (sounds like you use Z2 now) It requires no mixing and applies and removes really fast. Great for full jobs or just touch ups. It's my go-to product of choice now especially when time is always short but I am as picky as always!
I wasn't aware of that product in the Zaino line, Brad. Many thanks for the head's up, I'll check it out. And, it's good to have your expertise & feedback on these things here on Rennnlist!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been using Rejex for just over 4 years. On wheels, leading edges (to protect against bug splatter) and the entire car. When not using Rejex, I also like the Zaino line of products. When I competed in PCA Concours, I did pretty well, and even won a few events.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Rejex is a fine wax for beading & longevity. However, it doesn't shine very well, & can build up & make the car look dull. It can also be a PITA to remove if you put it on to thick.

Same for the Collinite, but it shines a bit better, I'd say it's about the same product as Rejex. If you have a white or silver car, then this stuff is fine, if you have black or red, it will just not look right.

If you want something easy that last, get a good sealant, or a hybrid. My favorite right now is 1Z (Einszett) Glantz wax, it's a hybrid of carnuba & a sealant. Super easy on, easy off, last a good 6mo. It's also German! It has a nice warm glow, beads water well, & will help crap not stick to the car.

Quick Reply: ? For long term RejeX users