Sponsored by:

The KW Variant 3 Experience and a Thank You to Friends at FD Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
I guess if you like to fiddle the more ***** the better, but sit down and carefully think about it, Do you really have the knowledge to do it perfectly? and how much fiddling will you really do?
Uh, yeah. Right now I'm nearly 2 seconds off pace. My "wisdom" of starting over from the baseline when I put the yellow car's engine back together......... I mean I like doing this stuff to a point; make no mistake that I'm a hack amateur. Nor do I have an engineer/crew to fiddle with this or that and send me right back out. (Moton Clubsports/RS bars, for the record.)
Old 07-06-2010, 12:36 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 873 Likes on 575 Posts

back to the top for the people just returning from holiday
Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting conversation!

Just a couple of comments:
- KW provides some good guidelines and a nice starting point for the settings, F/R
- The adjustments are not hard to get to
- The ability to set compression/rebound up to match your own personal preference, driving style and road/track surface is the reason these things exist. If you don't need it, great!

Again, the documentation that comes with them is pretty good... I found it easy to understand.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
The ability to set compression/rebound up to match your own personal preference, driving style and road/track surface is the reason these things exist. If you don't need it, great!
5 sessions today, nothing really gained or lost at all from moving in all sorts of different directions. (Motons, but principle is the same.) I declare myself officially lost..........

Quick Reply: The KW Variant 3 Experience and a Thank You to Friends at FD Motorsports