Sponsored by:

993 bypass Alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Leon993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 993 bypass Alarm system

I got a 95 C2 and I sick of the annoying alarm system everytime I want to start my car. The other day my key remote batter ran out and I was immobilized at the grocery store parking lot, 95 degree heat, ice cream melting, groceries spoiling and ALARM RINGING! The car was totally disabled even when trying to start it with the key (which should be enough).

Later on at the dealer I found out theres a key-turning combination that temporarily disables the system.

I also heard very early 993s have 964 alarms that can be disabled by working around the cables, but anything mid 1995 and beyond impossible. Is this the case?

Am I stuck with remote control alarm forever?

-LV
Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

Forever is a long time...Let's just say "For the forseeable future". If you'll do a search on IMMOBILIZER, you'll get enough information to last for at least a week's worth of evening reading. I've just learned to make it a habit to replace the remote battery once a year. Put a piece of Magic Mending Tape on the battery and write the date you installed it.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
993/907
Pro

You're stuck, short answer. I have a late '95 with the same immobilizer problems.

Took it to the dealer last month and spent $2k replacing the brains for the immobilizer and two new key remotes. Didn't fix it, but I could at least drive the car.

The early 95 basket handle cars had no immobilzer.

The computer on 96 and later cars can be "flashed" to eliminate the immobilizer.

Steve Weiner knows all about these things; says our cars can be re-wired to bypass the immobilizer but he describes it as a lot of work.

I leave my car unlocked when it decides not to lock. It always unlocks, but rarely will lock. DO NOT USE THE KEY TO UNLOCK THE DOORS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Someone on the board told advised that I could lock the doors with the key and unlock with the remote. Turns out that sets off my alarm. Had to tow the car.

Gordo
Old 06-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Leon993
Racer

All excellent points guys, thanks. Now a rule of thumb will be mandatory replacement of batteries once a year.

Quick Reply: 993 bypass Alarm system