Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 993.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 AM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you all. I hate to sell(that is without question), I was always quite sure that I would own this car forever. But I also know that without a doubt this is the best decision I can make for my family right now. I have a great wife who understands the sacrifice I am make for us and is commited to getting us a p-car back at our first chance possible.

CAHRERA- Have always loved your car. You did it up just right.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:14 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by mac993
Thank you all. I hate to sell(that is without question), I was always quite sure that I would own this car forever. But I also know that without a doubt this is the best decision I can make for my family right now. I have a great wife who understands the sacrifice I am make for us and is commited to getting us a p-car back at our first chance possible.

CAHRERA- Have always loved your car. You did it up just right.
As kids get older the less time you will have for toys. Keep the car and buy a mini van. The older my kids get, the more of a paper weight the 993 has become....
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
As kids get older the less time you will have for toys. Keep the car and buy a mini van. The older my kids get, the more of a paper weight the 993 has become....
The opposite has occurred in our household. I can't get the 993 out of the garage without my 11 year old son clamoring for a shotgun ride or my 13 year old daughter wanting to be dropped off at school or her friends house....there was a time when she called the 993 'that noisy, smelly car' now she's vyying with her brother for future ownership.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:49 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Academictech
The opposite has occurred in our household. I can't get the 993 out of the garage without my 11 year old son clamoring for a shotgun ride or my 13 year old daughter wanting to be dropped off at school or her friends house....there was a time when she called the 993 'that noisy, smelly car' now she's vyying with her brother for future ownership.
lol..let me clarify...as the older they get, more activites etc they get into...less 'me' time... This last semester between soccer, field hockey, softball, ice skating and b'day parties, there's 0 time left. Just when I was getting a breather, swimming started this week..
Old 06-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
lol..let me clarify...as the older they get, more activites etc they get into...less 'me' time...
Ahhh yes...we know and understand that concept too well....lacrosse, swimming, golf, fencing, violin, piano, choir, theatre....and thats when we're not working on homework, algebra, projects, test preparations not to mention accomodating and feeding all of their friends who have this idea that a short visit to play or do homework is really a no time limit thing....and then they complain why Dad takes an hour to go get the ice cream in the 993 for that apple pie after dinner .
Old 06-11-2010, 02:05 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the pending baby. Your life will be changing soon. While I don't know the details of your situation, I personally would rethink your strategy for your stable. I took delivery of my 993 when I was home on daddy leave with my 4 month old daughter and have since added a son (15 months now).

The following "practical" cars all earned IIHS gold ratings for safety:
'07 Hyundai Entourage, '06 Kia Sedona, '06 Saab 9-3, '06 Honda Civic
http://www.iihs.org/ratings/tsp_archive_2006.html

I can't get past the looks or 15 MPG city of your Ridgeline and would personally sell that and get 1-1/2 of the cars listed above. However, if you want to use this as an excuse to sell the 993 or if you insist on turning it into $30K worth of BMW, then that's a different matter. Still seems like a bad time to be selling luxury items like Porsches, though.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:48 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

dcdude- Yeah all the same thoughts have run through my head as well. But the truck has been awesome. The looks thing is a matter of taste. I like the looks and have owned the truck sense new. It has 90k miles on it and have never had a issue in the slightest... Honda reliable, and it's super nice to have a truck, it makes trips to costco and home depot so easy. You did nail it on the head as far as what we are looking to replace the 993 with. Something in the BMW 3 series Audi A4 range.....
Old 06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

^ my co-worker has an 06 with 137k miles on her as of today. Other than some interior light issues, it has been problem free.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:25 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll get some more exposure if you copy your ad contents here. A lot of potentially interested "users" like me can't see the classifieds.

GLWS...
Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 PM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I passed your post on to a friend of mine in SD who is not on Rennlist...yet. Once he buys your car he'll have a better reason to join.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Per a few requests to add the description from the for sale area over here.... Will add some pix tonight.

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to put up my "baby" for sale. But the wife and I are starting a family and this requires something with 4 doors. So I'm doing something I thought I'd never do. Sell my 993. This car is is great shape. This is a 2 owner car with me owning it for the past almost 9 yrs. I take great pride in my car and this has been meticulously maintained and runs perfect. It was a daily driver for the first 4 yrs of ownership and have been a weekend fun car for the last 4+ yrs. As a long term rennlist member I can sell this car with the complete confidence that the new owner will be very happy.

Priced to sell at $25,000

Details
-1996 triple black 993
-96,000 miles. Recently had the 90k service done and the shop said this is one of the best condition 90k mile cars they've seen. Blackforest is a very reputable porsche shop here in SD and taken care of all my p-cars.
-Paint. 8.5 of 10. Original paint. NO accidents of any kind. The only issues are the expected rock chips from being a driver. Overall the paint is in very good condition.
Interior- 9.5 of 10. Just the expected minor wear marks on the drivers seat and steering wheel.

Upgrades-
-ROW M030 set-up
-18" Techart formulas - 2 have some minor curb rash.
-RSR's (also have a set of Supercups I recently took off that will go with the car should the new owner want them)
-Headlight upgrade to litronics (sp?). This was a huge improvement over the original headlights.
-And a bunch of minor stuff, ie. Tinted window, clear corners, trim rings, stereo and speakers.... etc.

The only thing "wrong" with the car is the check strap on the drivers side door is in need of repair. This is a very common and minor issue with 993's and is easily fixed for somewhere around $350. The door makes a clicking sound when opening and closing but obviously works perfectly. I have just not had the time to get it fixed as it is minor and there was no hurry. Other then that it runs perfectly. Everything works just like it should. Not a squeak or rattle to be heard. Porsche built a tank in the 993. I truely love this car and hate to sell it. Hopefully an awesome rennlist member picks it up cares for it the way I have.

Please feel free to contact me via PM or my Cell (619-849-0811) should you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 06-11-2010, 07:50 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Steven- Thanks for passing the word along! Any reason is a good excuse to join rennlist!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 AM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

He may also be interested in the baby - more options for you...
Old 06-12-2010, 03:21 AM
mac993
Burning Brakes

lol...
Old 06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
emaij
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan,

Has this sold? I sent you a message about it on Friday.

Jaime

Quick Reply: Selling my 993.....