Sponsored by:

stuck seat in rear postion

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
quattronut
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck seat in rear postion

I'm a new user. just bought a '96 993. in the process of putting the factory radio in to replace an aftermarket, i find the passenger seat fully back on it's rail and I can't get to the amp to re-wire the mess they made. Is there a way to manually move the seat so i can get to the rear bolts. it goes up/dn and reclines fine so i think it's the linkage...i really need to get to that amp!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

they seem to do that after being all the way back for awhile. I just keep mine short of full locked back. If you jiggle the seat a bit back forth you can often get the control to function again and start moving. might take a few tries.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:32 PM
lizSter
Advanced

yea, first time mine got stuck in the full rear position, I started to freak until it came free. Since then, it's been stuck by every frickin' person that has worked on the car from a mechanic to stanley steamer guy. I unstick mine by sitting in the seat and rocking the butt back and forth while working the switches.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

All of your answers can be found on this forum....

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ward-help.html
Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Priceless
Racer

the previous owner (colleague) told me to never put seat all the way up or back b/c of this problem (sticking). if do, rock it back and forth and should fix the problem. FYI, be very gentle with the electric window switches b/c they apparently break very easy. the PO told me about this and said it was an easy DIY fix and actually gave me 2 extra switches. guess you know NOT to hit trip odometer when car is moving or will break the odometer gears (another common problem apparently). enjoy the new ride...I am... :-)

---------

1996 911 993 Cab Black/Black/Cashmere
2006 Audi A4 3.2 Quattro Black/Black
2008 Acura MDX AWD Gray/Gray
Old 06-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Mine was stuck full back for a while also. Ended a screw driver was laying across the rails. Ended up being an easy fix, and I got my screwdriver back. Moral of the story is, these cars are getting older, there might be junk in the rails. Look for the easy fix before ripping your car apart.

Quick Reply: stuck seat in rear postion