993 Forum 1995-1998

Why I WOULD buy a car that's been tracked

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Stuttgart951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
So many people think that a car that has been tracked is trashed. I was thinking today that my car is probably better now than it was at 50,000 miles with someone driving it to work and back every day on the 101.
I agree.

Two cars being equal, I would absolutely gravitate towards the car with the occasional track day if, for no other reason; that it *had* to be properly (and then some) maintained in order to ensure peak safety/performance/etc.

Mine was not tracked by the previous owner and there were some minor issues that needed to be addressed post-purchase - primarily issues that would have otherwise been remedied immediately by that previous owner in order to pass a tech inspection.

I'm fanatical about maintaining mine - probably to the point of overkill - and I just started taking the car out this spring. It's better now than it was when I bought it.

Is wear and tear accelerated? Of course. But maintenance must keep pace. Theres not much room for neglect is the point, I suppose.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not around much but I'll share.

I just did a major service on my 997. I still take great care of it since it's my daily driver but 993s I used for more track duty I was really attentive of the maintenance of fluids, brakes, tires, steering, suspension and....

Quick Reply: Why I WOULD buy a car that's been tracked