Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have the Fabspeed maxflo headers ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 AM
jackal2513
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have the Fabspeed maxflo headers ?

I am talking about this system here:

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod16...s-Porsche-993/

is the cat a sportscat ? and do you run this without any silencers ?

if anyoen is familiar with it I would like to get an idea of power gains and how loud it is/what it sounds like ?

regards

R
Old 04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put it on my race car. My car previously had stock headders with heat exchangers, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes and Fabspeed supercup exhaust. It was loud and really resonated in my car on track and hurt my ears. Seemed very loud outside the car as well.

Put just the headders on with out heat and the little RSR straight pipe. I did not add all the other stuff. Fittment was great/ perfect. Bolted right up.

Weight savings was right at 28 pounds If memory serves maybe more. My new headders and RSR pipe weigh less than the stock headders with heat all by them selves. All that extra plumbing from the bypass pipes and supercup mufflers got to go away.

Now here is the funny thing, its quieter. Stll loud and sounds great but quieter. No resonation in the cab, sounds a little quieter outside the car etc.... Nobody believes me when I say that but its true. Everybody who has heard the before and after in person says the same thing.

My theory is that the equal length headders in combination with the short path for the exhaust gasses and the straight shot out the back projects the sound out the back much better and there is Much less if no resonation.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 398 Posts

JD also just put those on his car

If it's street driven I don't see how you can deal w/ the noise issues. I have 1 3/4" headers on one of mine w/ a Flowmaster muffler, it is very loud.

Many tracks have noise limits which are enforced much more strictly than on the street. I've found that a Fabspeed cat-bypass w/ stock side mount mufflers works best, but still sounds good.

Quick Reply: anyone have the Fabspeed maxflo headers ?