Sponsored by:

Final step...Dealer alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Alignment done.

OK! Had alignment today and all went perfectly fine except for the 'DEALER MATH' when it came time to compute the hours of labor. Man, those guys are creative! Ill save that part for another day.
Alignment was requested to be ROW/USA sport. I have included a picture of the alignment sheet given to me by the dealer showing before and after. I don't understand it all but I will say the following:
Before I took it in this morning I set the car to ROW sport height +/- a few mm. I put PSS10's on and drove it for the last week and found it to be pretty good but obviously in need of alignment.

Fast Forward to the pick-up today at 4:30 pm. Wow! It is amazing how much different my car is! Not only does it turn sharper and go down the road straighter but the difference in how PLANTED it feels even when going straight at 80. Just plain perfect. The suspension, bushings (thanks Chris!) and alignment have transformed the car.

NOTE: I purchased this car in November, stored it two weeks later and have not driven it (or any 993) except for those miles. So essentially, today is the first day I have really experienced a properly set up 993 and if I wasn't nut's in love with it before, I most certainly am now. Just had to share what many of you have known for a long time.
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
johzev
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about the same thing at the same dealer. Brady has done a little work for me and has been great to work with. Did your alignment include corner balancing? I'm very curious about the cost. Would you possibly send me a PM? I'm in Spring Lake, MI only about 75 miles from you. We may have to try to do a visit one day.

Quick Reply: Final step...Dealer alignment?