Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Self Gratification with Pictures - Outlaw 993 - Updated with Dec 2010 Mods!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Macca, I think you should consider a carbon fiber ignition rosette from a supplier like Marcos in Germany. This would look nice with your other CF parts & accents:
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One bad *** car. Contrasting the mirrors is an interesting touch. Great work.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Vorsicht
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Absolutely Gorgeous! You have given me inspiration! I love all the gauge surrounds. Where did you get them? Also thank you for the thoughtfully written reviews. Great Job!

Peter

95 993 adventurine green/LC
Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Everyone.

NoH2O. We think alike. I did indeed buy the same piece you posted from Marcus Buhler when I purchased the CF dash and door end caps (as attached) which are installed. I installed it but it looked to busy in CF. The billet alloy works in better with the alloy dial rings and instrument ***** IMHO. The CF rosette just seems to dissapear - and it doesnt have the solid tactile qualities of the billet unit which is heavier (over 100gram) and very solid feeling/looking....

Dials surrounds were my second shot - these are nice and slip and look OEM. They are brushed and from www.cupsport.de. A good investment for the $$$. The instrunment knowb surrounds (also the glove box **** is in billet alloy) are from design911.co.uk if I recall correctly. Great guys there too.

I did buy the silver OEM crested hood and had some silver crested alloy centre caps painted up....tried those too but left the wife and a few friends to make a call on that and they all chose to keep the gold crested ones. The wife pointed out they didnt match the airbag cover crest - didnt have a good answer for that but have since purchased a silver crest bage as per preious thread on this board. Im not sire I can bring myself to deface the fcatory three spoke wheel tho si ill ait and see what the quality of the peice I am sent is really like.......

Thanks for your feedback theporscheguy. The constrating mirrors were aka the C2S vesuvious special edition 993 in 1997 (pic attached). Im still getting my head around them. They do infact look much nicer in person. Unfortunately I had to under expose all the pictures take on of the car in the above posts to eleiminate the shadow under the car and offer some contrast between the road and the car - this has caused the silver to be wrongly reporduced and the blue to change hue. Bit washed out. Ill try and get some better pictures. I have attached a few more of what it looks like in different light....the blue can change to black in an instant with clouds, the grey becomes flat in smae conditions and the interior gets washd out to a light grey (its actually classic grey which is mid grey) as soon as I use flash.....
Attached Images          

Last edited by Macca; 03-02-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Buy now I have surely satiated even the most hungry of the Rennlist Picture fiends!

Heres a few more...
Cheers
M
Attached Images   

Last edited by Macca; 03-04-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car, good work and write up!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Last pictures and just for some fun....some pictures my techs took on their cameraphone during the two weeks the work was being done LOL!
Attached Images          
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 243 Posts

Even more awesome than this morning....

Great taste in upgrades Macca, great taste.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, awesome. I love it.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Nurburger. Your ride looks so sweet. Same for yours Benton. Both of you know what a PITA this colour is to capture - but in real life looks so nice (when clean).

At the expense of boring everyone and over indulging here are my last favorite shots. I really need to get someone to photograph the car properly some time......with a decent camera!

The last few shots are at the workshop prior to installation of turbo bumper, techart fog/brake ducts and other silver highlights. As I say a work in progress this ride and Im still unsure on the mirrors and turbo bumper. Happy for people to comment on their thoughts - only time will tell maybe fiddle with it later in the year to get a half way house.....

Keen for your feedback.
Attached Images          
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great looking 993. Are those stock calipers painted red, or big reds?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

stock calipers painted red. Ive never had reason to replace them although I conceed big reds would be nice (but expensive). They would probaly add unsprung weight and may limit wheel choices. With the brake ducts venting into the front wheels my discs now run a little cooler (although the ducting was significantly modified to achieve this you would really need to remove the disc backing plates to really get full benefit).

Ive just realised Ive been sizing all my pictures wrong for this thread (except the last selection) LOL! Would have looked much nice bigger size.....oh well...

Cheers
M
Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 104 Posts

The only things I would change are:

Paint the brake ducts in body color
Paint the mirrors body color
Put a painted in body color split grill

Cheerz
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Update. Ive enlarged all initial pictures on page 1 and 2, removed double ups and some duplicates to reduce thread size.

Delanobe. Im possibly wih you on the brake duct centres. Im fence sitting with the mirrors till I have a chance to get used to the changes I have made. Likewise the turbo bumper. If I make the changes it will be all at once after Ive done the alternator fan in P61W and the shroud dark grey and put in the heater bypass pipe. Probably towards the end of the year. Easy enough to have them all done at the same time by my panel guys to simplify matters. Im not a personal fan of the split grill as it harks back to a much earlier vintage (personal taste). I am toying with the idea of having the strip that covers the rear windo brake lights done in P61W as it may look nice - but if I drop the mirrors I wouldnt bother with that.

I think the current look may have too much "detail" at the risk of looking busy so taking the mirrors and brake ducts back to blue and removng the script will make the car look much less busy.

So many decisions :-)
Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Zuffenhausen :O)
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that's a cracking looking car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Self Gratification with Pictures - Outlaw 993 - Updated with Dec 2010 Mods!