Originally Posted by matt777
I'd be next in line.
Beat me to t, I'm right behind you.....
Old 02-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Dealer says 4L

that's all I know at this point. They have simply installed the parts that the two previous owners provided. It is explained to me that the first owner sourced the engine build somewhere, and it was just installed at the dealer.

Now, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box...especially when it comes to Porsche's, but you would think that after almost 12 months on the lot, and probably dozens of people asking about the car, they would have as much paperwork assembled as they could on the car.

I'll share whatever build details I get, it's basically a desire to finish the cars story here.

I've been 993 hunting for just a couple of weeks now, this is simply the only thing at the moment, that's interests me. There is a salvage title 95 C4 w 70K miles on it in Wa. for less than $20K, and another 95 C4 in Ct with 26K for $36K.

As you can see, I'm all over the place. I'm interested in a DD, so a branded title with the right car would be ok. However, it would be nice to have some of the usual mods already done. Both above cars are bone stock, so $2K here, $2K there on the suspension, another $2K for spoilers, etc...and we're talking real money here. Lets not even start to talk about Stage lll's or anything.

I don't even OWN a 993 yet, and I'm already sliding down the slope.

Every used car has a story right, is it too much to ask that I would like the one I eventually choose to have a happy ending?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
...However, it would be nice to have some of the usual mods already done. Both above cars are bone stock, so $2K here, $2K there on the suspension, another $2K for spoilers, etc...and we're talking real money here. Lets not even start to talk about Stage lll's or anything. ...
I think having an understanding of what mods you would like and looking for a car that has already been upgraded is a very good idea. Its worth spending a few more bucks for these.

ps The Stage IIIs (FDs right?) are only about $400 exchange so this is not one of the more expensive mods.

Quick Reply: 4L big bore kit??? anybody