993 Forum 1995-1998

OT - Manhattan jewelry - reference required

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 112 Posts
Default OT - Manhattan jewelry - reference required

Hi guys, before I stray too far from the safety of the 993 brethren...

I've been married for 14 years, and have a great partner. Nat is the best. And she puts up with a lot of crap. Marshalls and Hiwatts in the living room, McIntosh laying down the tunes, she dutifully attends DE, F1, ALMS and Rennsport Reunions, and understands the merits of Gold E88's on the 993. It's time treat her to something special (for her). As much as it pains me, that means diamonds.

Looking for a trustworthy, honest referral to a Manhattan jeweler that will work with me by phone to get a NICE ring crafted in time for our next visit to NYC on April 1.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks guys.

Matt
Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Leon Zoland and Sons. 75 West 47th Street New York, NY 10036
Toll Free: (800) 544-7547 Tel: (212) 575-8875

Ask for Yale Zoland. He's the third generation there. Tell him Jos Stella sent you. I've purchased two rings, necklace, tennis bracelet and I think earrings over a 10 year period. Will let you pick out the diamonds, or you can trust him and you can still ask for something different. If you are wanting to surprise you can bring them back in to swap them out if something doesn't work out as well.

My first purchase I asked him how come he was cheaper. His response worked. He said, "Look, I supply a ton of mall stores and boutiques around the country, and that's great. But you are going to pay immediately, I don't have to mess around with POs and such, and if I treat you right, you are going to keep coming back." That was about 50 diamonds ago (literally, considering the tennis bracelet). Doesn't matter the price point, he can go as big or as little as you want and doesn't look at it any differently. Went to college with a friend of mine who originally referred me. I can't recommend enough, no affiliation etc. Posted here instead of PM in case anyone else needs a reco. He's great.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 706 Likes on 316 Posts

Richard Buonomo,
www.gemstoner@msn.com. He is in midtown. One man designer & certified gemologist. No one is better for the nicer stones etc. (no cheap store stuff etc)
Specilaizes in rare cuts and estate stones, Will design anything you want.
He is my best friend and a Porsche guy too!.
You can use my name :Richard St.louis. I will only buy from him once you are educated you will understand what I mean.
Ph:1-917-415-1583 cell,1212-265-2808 wrk.

Good Luck

Last edited by RDS928S; 02-13-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS

Ask for Yale Zoland. He's the third generation there. Tell him Jos Stella sent you. I've purchased two rings, necklace, tennis bracelet and I think earrings over a 10 year period. Will let you pick out the diamonds, or you can trust him and you can still ask for something different. If you are wanting to surprise you can bring them back in to swap them out if something doesn't work out as well.

My first purchase I asked him how come he was cheaper. His response worked. He said, "Look, I supply a ton of mall stores and boutiques around the country, and that's great. But you are going to pay immediately, I don't have to mess around with POs and such, and if I treat you right, you are going to keep coming back." That was about 50 diamonds ago (literally, considering the tennis bracelet). Doesn't matter the price point, he can go as big or as little as you want and doesn't look at it any differently. Went to college with a friend of mine who originally referred me. I can't recommend enough, no affiliation etc. Posted here instead of PM in case anyone else needs a reco. He's great.
Wow....that it quite an endorsement...!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS

Ask for Yale Zoland. He's the third generation there. Tell him Jos Stella sent you.
This is yet another example of what makes Rennlist a great place. I was shopping for a jewelry gift for my better half for this VDay when I came across this thread. Following up on JPS's recommendation I reached out to Yale to see what he could do. Alls I can say is wow, within my budget amount, Yale was able to deliver more value, by a significant margin, then any other source I was considering. The whole transaction was exemplified by excellent customer service.

+2 for Yale Zoland, who I would have only connected with via Rennlist and a big shout out to the generosity of JPS to share his source.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:12 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Thrilled it worked out! I've told friends from out of town for engagement rings they really would still come out ahead flying into NYC and picking it out...no joke, right?

Happy Yale hooked you up. Cheers!

Quick Reply: OT - Manhattan jewelry - reference required