Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removal of side vent

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010 | 04:43 PM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Default Removal of side vent

Attempting the removal of the drivers side vent for access of the cab top controller. Followed some of the other posts by removing the side screw. Also stuck flat head screw drivers in the slots at the inside top of the vent to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2010 | 06:20 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Do you see the 2 little notches on the inside of the vent directly below the gas door pull? Up inside those 2 little notches are spring loaded clips. A small flat headed screwdriver put up in the notches pushing the clips towards the floorboard will free the vent. Do not force pull it out or the clips will break rendering the vent useless. The center vent uses the same clips.

Mike
Old 02-05-2010 | 08:39 PM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Mike,
I am positioning the blade over the top of the metal tabs (In the upper vent-small square holes) and then pushing down. Still not budging. Have to use mini drivers as the protrusion of the lower dash interfers with better purchase on the screwdriver blade. May try bending the shaft a little. Even untightened the side bolts on the lower dash thinking that there may be friction there. No GO!

Does the vent just slide out of the supply hose?

Think I'll grab some dinner then try it again.

thanks again,

Jim
Old 02-05-2010 | 09:25 PM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Mike--success...

ended up using the flat metal supports from a file holder. Placed between the top of the vent and the dash and worked it over the metal tab on the vent. This proceedure freed up my hands to work out the vent. Now to find the cab controller box.....

Cheers, jim
Old 02-05-2010 | 09:46 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Cab controller box is to the left of the steering wheel if you are in the seat it sits under the dash. Now the fun part. Lay on the floor of the driver's side and look directly up. You will see 2 boxes (Aluminum me thinks) bolted together (one on top of the other)under the dash. The cab controller box is is the one one top. Both boxes need to be free to get it out. Need to be a little Houdini like, but it will come. Good luck and congrats on the vent removal.

Mike
Old 02-05-2010 | 09:54 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Here is a link for repairing the top control module

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...em-solved.html

Quick Reply: Removal of side vent