Sponsored by:

WTB: 993 cab boot

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB: 993 cab boot

Anyone have a black 993 cab boot to sell? I'm aware of the new ones being sold by Performance and LA Dismantlers. Any other good sources out there? Thanks in advance.

Later edit:
Also, there is an eBay seller (richandfamousautotops) in Van Nuys.

Last edited by skywachr; 02-03-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
ga993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for one too..just curious, what are the new ones going for?
brandon
Old 02-03-2010, 06:02 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ga993
I am looking for one too..just curious, what are the new ones going for?
brandon
$600-750. The seller on eBay in Van Nuys, CA (richandfamousautotops) sells them for $350. Anyone have experience with them? They have a 99% Feedback rating.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

www.gahh.com Not as cheap as the eBay seller listed above, but I have used GAHH before on tops, boots, carpet and leather all items are 1st rate.

Mike
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Andre'
Instructor

When I bought mine in 2004 both boot and wind stop were missing - I found 2 boots to choose from at a local dealer, and both boots were different! I don't remember clearly the differences but it was significant enough for me to go back and to swap them out! The first one just didn't fit right!

My suggestion - try to find somebody with a boot that you could try on your car, then buy!!

Regards,

Andre'
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

To further echo Andre's comment, unless you are buying a used one in which case you have no choice, you'll want a boot that does not have the snaps attached yet. The location of the snaps vary slightly from car to car and its best if you take the boot to an upholsterer and have them place the snaps for you.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by David in LA
To further echo Andre's comment, unless you are buying a used one in which case you have no choice, you'll want a boot that does not have the snaps attached yet. The location of the snaps vary slightly from car to car and its best if you take the boot to an upholsterer and have them place the snaps for you.
Dave is right on here. That is why I bought mine from GAHH they send all snaps unattatched so they will fit with no issues.

Mike
Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David in LA
Originally Posted by Arena993
Dave is right on here. That is why I bought mine from GAHH they send all snaps unattatched so they will fit with no issues.

Mike
Thanks. Are you guys talking about the placement of just the 2 rear snaps or all of the fasteners? Much appreciate the feedback.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:10 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Get one of these boots with all the other "small" odds and ends, bring it over on Saterday

Save you the couple hundred bucks on the soft boot, friends helping friends!

My guess is it will be about a 20 beer job and there is a home depot just a mile away if we need anything.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

I made my own boot. When I bought the car it was not there. Cost me about $20 in materials - the most expensive of which was the material. I attached the snaps (available at any fabric store) only after stretching the boot into proper position, marking the location, then attaching the snaps. Took about two hours most of which was sewing the edge on the material - to give it a finished look.

By the way, the two forward most snaps (on the outside of the car - just behind the back edge of the doors - are almost impossible to snap into position. When the top is down, the snaps get sort of partially blocked by the very stiff material which gets in the way. It does not matter as there are two snaps just inside the car, one on top of the "b" pillar and one just inside the inside edge of the rear side panel. These two snaps hold the boot firmly in place even if the one outside snap (there are three on each side of the car plus the two in back) is unsnapped.

Also, I added a velcro patch both on the top of the center rear (between the two rear seats, and inside the boot. This really firmly holds down the boot even at high speed. I don't know if the factory one tends to "balloon" if wind gets under it. Mine did until I added the two velcro patches.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:41 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CalvinC4S
Get one of these boots with all the other "small" odds and ends, bring it over on Saturday

Save you the couple hundred bucks on the soft boot, friends helping friends!

My guess is it will be about a 20 beer job and there is a home depot just a mile away if we need anything.
Can't make it Saturday. Do you think if we started early enough we could get it knocked out before kickoff time for the Super Bowl? This time the beer is on me.

Originally Posted by porschemikeandnancy
I made my own boot....

By the way, the two forward most snaps (on the outside of the car - just behind the back edge of the doors - are almost impossible to snap into position. When the top is down, the snaps get sort of partially blocked by the very stiff material which gets in the way. It does not matter as there are two snaps just inside the car, one on top of the "b" pillar and one just inside the inside edge of the rear side panel. These two snaps hold the boot firmly in place even if the one outside snap (there are three on each side of the car plus the two in back) is unsnapped.

Also, I added a velcro patch both on the top of the center rear (between the two rear seats, and inside the boot. This really firmly holds down the boot even at high speed. I don't know if the factory one tends to "balloon" if wind gets under it. Mine did until I added the two velcro patches.
Great information on securing it properly. Thanks. However, somehow I'm guessing something beyond the sewing skills I acquired in elementary school in 3rd Grade would be needed for this project. I'm pretty good with buttons and patching stuff so it wasn't a total waste, however.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

I have a couple left over cans of Kilz that would match your car well, I think so.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
palmettonative
Intermediate

I have a virtually new black boot with no snaps attached yet. My car came with 2 when I bought it a few months back. It's a 993 1995 with silver interior and a silver boot which I like.

I may be willing to sell the black boot. PM me and we can talk about price.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Thanks. PM sent.

Quick Reply: WTB: 993 cab boot