Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be listed - perfect for the right person

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

[QUOTE=mjsporsche;7296840]I would encourage you to have some photos posted of the car updated with the changes you have mentioned. Photos help buyers who might be on the fence. Most 993s of this mileage sell for far less. You might have something special and you need to show the car as to its potential.

I also think a listing of the repair history of major items would also be helpful. If you prefer not to post them here, send me a PM.

Thanks.[/

The car is out of the body shop on Thursday or Friday. I have all records in a file which is 3/4" thick. No mystery to how the 'ask' was developed. I paid $ 19K US for the car and with the Aero 1 Kit with Rockers purchased then painted and installed to the highest standard at the POC body shop. I had it lowered wheels painted black (silver rim) and tinted hence the price placed on it. It is a well sorted 911 for the money and hopefully find a buyer who will give it the care and attention it deserves. They will certainly have an excellent benchmark to start from becasue the car cosmetically and mechanically top drawer. I will PM you when I get to my office...working (sort of ) on a proposal here at home...
Old 02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
I would encourage you to have some photos posted of the car updated with the changes you have mentioned. Photos help buyers who might be on the fence. Most 993s of this mileage sell for far less. You might have something special and you need to show the car as to its potential.

I also think a listing of the repair history of major items would also be helpful. If you prefer not to post them here, send me a PM.

Thanks.
Oh come on..... How much less is far less the $28000?

$28,000 is a very fair price for this car with the full body kit. Maybe Mark had a bad experience selling his Tip-tronic as I did mine. Tips are always worth less in many buyers minds.

Overdraft your price is fair. Stay strong! You will get it if you car is as described.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Is it $29,000 US$ or Canadian $$$$ ? It makes a difference.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Interesting question about currency!!! Does make a difference.

Regarding selling my tiptronic cab (which I still regret), it sold very quickly almost 5 years ago. Priced it fairly and it was low miles (and I was the original owner!).

My main point of my post is to suggest some updated photos. I understand the mods are worth some money but you never get $$ for $$ what you paid for them. If it is a great example, albeit it with the high miles noted, someone might step up and pay what he put into it.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Mark.... Come back to us Brother! Time for another 993. You know that you need another one or else you wouldn't be in here !
Old 02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
Is it $29,000 US$ or Canadian $$$$ ? It makes a difference.
Sorry - you guys are right I didn't specify that it is $ 28,000 (not 29 Al) US as the car is in TN now and soon to be on its way here so that number will change when it moves North.

Let me be clear...the car was bought well (19K) the OEM kit was bought at effectively 1/2 price, the body kit install and painting with wheel finishing is market cost by a tier 1 Porsche body shop and the suspension lowering, alignment and tinting was done by the service department at Porsche of Chattanooga. It is effectively a one owner car with a wonderdul history and tastefully done - if you like the concept of the Aero 993, this is an opportunity.

I will take a high mileage pedigreed car with a body like that and an interior that looks like it was never sat in anyday to one of so so lineage and 1/4 the mileage...only my opinion of course...
Old 02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
I would encourage you to have some photos posted of the car updated with the changes you have mentioned. Photos help buyers who might be on the fence. Most 993s of this mileage sell for far less. You might have something special and you need to show the car as to its potential.

Thanks.
So...can you post some interior photos and many more exterior photos or provide a link to a site where they exist? It would help your cause immeasurably, and you're kind of begging us to help you. Help yourself and post away! Can't wait to hear about your GT3 when it comes if you decide to post that info here as well.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
So...can you post some interior photos and many more exterior photos or provide a link to a site where they exist? It would help your cause immeasurably, and you're kind of begging us to help you. Help yourself and post away! Can't wait to hear about your GT3 when it comes if you decide to post that info here as well.

Steve...don't have an photo site set up but yes for sure, I do have about a dozen photos right a away and another 6 or 7 in my e mails from POC in December. The service file has 84 sheets (just counted) 8 1/2 by 11 sheets which I am happy to scan and send to a potential buyer whenever it gets to that point if interested - it has personal information of the PO so would never post that on the web.

If someone who PM's me an e mail address I will be happy to send along the dozen snaps I have - and I will post the 993 with the OEM kit on it - hopefully this week.

The GT3 is on its way here now -expect it at my house mid week next week so but it won't be driven anytime soon - 1 foot of snow here..
Old 02-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Sounds like a plan, then.

I guess I'll have to have my 2004 GT3 pics satisfied by these for now... Does your look like this?

Not bad!

I wouldn't kick it out of bed

Is that a Boxster? Just KIDDING

I like the interior

Nice touch
Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Identical to this one yes...except mine does not have the ceramic brakes - but I do have the seat backs and console painted GR and a nice GR detail on the dash where the ss is on this one. The seats will be coming out because I bought two OEM GT3 euro seats, red 6 point harness' and an OEM stainless steel roll bar. Two euro-lips for the front spoiler will make it look a little less 'boxster like' I hope but I agree looking straight at them is somewhat underwhelming.....
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
Mark.... Come back to us Brother! Time for another 993. You know that you need another one or else you wouldn't be in here !

I am trying to come back home.

I am in the "hunt" and hoping that a great example will pop up for a fair price. I have been all over the map on my next Porsche and finally realized that an excellent rennlister example of a 993 would be high on my list.

I am trying to resist going to the high end retailers.

Any leads for a pristine coupe, well maintained with the right mods would be appreciated.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Greg964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some details on the service history (besides the dimensions of the folder )and current pics would help sell your 993.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg964
Some details on the service history (besides the dimensions of the folder )and current pics would help sell your 993.
Funny! I am in the midst of two detailed conversation with RL's now through their initial PM to me - then direct e mail/ telephone process from there.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

All...just got snaps of it this afternoon. I am really pleased with it...
Attached Images    
Old 02-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 663 Likes on 278 Posts

You should be pleased with it...

Someone is going to get a truly unique car. I couldn't believe how well preserved this 993 is & if I hadn't found the C4S - I probably would have bought it.

GLWS Dennis - it was a pleasure speaking with you.

Quick Reply: Soon to be listed - perfect for the right person