Sponsored by:

Soon to be listed - perfect for the right person

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts
Default Soon to be listed - perfect for the right person

Folks - Will be putting up my 1995 993 for sale soon. I just had an Aero 1b kit professionally painted and installed on it (Guards Red) and the 17" wheels painted black leaving the outer rim silver - all by the body shop for Porsche of Chatenooga. Porsche of Chatanooga just installed H & R springs , alligned it correctly & tint last month and new OEM shocks last year. The owner of 14 1/2 years is an engineer with TN light and Power and painstakingly maintained her for its 127,000 miles - and was a heck of good guy to boot. I have enjoyed many conversations with him on it to get its history. I have a file of receipts and documentation 3/4 of an inch thick and photocopy of the original window sticker. He (the PO) kept the originals in his file as a keepsake. It was a stock straight up 911 Guard's Red on Black and bought the car as a DE project for me in December. So I had it lowered, windows tinted then Aero 1 b (with brake light) including rockers installed and wheels painted. About to start moving it North here and considering selling it here before transporting it.

The interior looks like it was barely sat in. The paint finish as described by the service manager looks like the car is 3 or 4 years old and defies logic to anyone who has seen it at the dealer. It is tight tight tight. I am attaching a photograph of the car taken BEFORE the Aero 1 kit taken last month and a picture of a similar Aero kit by Techart that is modelled after the OEM one that is being installed on mine. It will come out of the body shop later this week and I will post a snap of it then. This car is perfect for someone who wants to get an rock solid car, with all history, that looks like very few out there, with all OEM mods - for a reasonable cost. I will have $ 28,000 in the car and hoping to get an addition $ 1,000.00 for my efforts. I just blew my brains out on a GT3 - oh vey...please PM me if you know anyone who would give this car the love and care of owership it has had - and continues to deserve.

The attached snaps are my car in January before it went in the body shop and a picture of the same kit by Techart on a fellow PCA member's car here which inspired me to do mine.
Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car GLWS and please show us pictures of that GT3! You killing us here!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't you just buy this car, or am I mistaken?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

If you just bought it a month ago, that must be one of the shortest times ever in a 993! Can you tell us more about what year GT3 you're going for and in what color?

Porsches are addictive!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dcdude

You are correct - sort of a funny story. It is a local car from TN and I paid for it November 23rd. It has never left Porsche of Chatenooga because here in Canada , cars over 15 years are cheaper to Import - and the build date was December 1994 on this one. So, while the car is waiting for January 2010 to roll around, I thought I might as well have the suspension, tinting and body mods done by P of C. About two weeks ago, I was offered $ 22,000.00 for the car by a service customer before I bought the aero kit and had it installed with the wheels painted...so I put a call out to the guys here for any suggestions to an alternate track car and nothing came up. In the meantime, I shopped the GT3 market with no success either but sure enough yesterday... a call back from an inquiry two weeks ago and the deal was done today. Of course when nothing came up two weeks ago, I had the bodyshop carry on with their work. But now I've invested in the front splits, rockers, tails and paint so I got to where I am at. The car is apparantly so gorgeous now I don't know if I would have the heart to beat on it on the track anyway....
Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dcdude
Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
If you just bought it a month ago, that must be one of the shortest times ever in a 993! Can you tell us more about what year GT3 you're going for and in what color?

Porsches are addictive!
My new GT 3 was inspected today and funds wired to a local in trust. It is Guard's Red on Black....lots of nice options as Porsche of Chatenooga was kind enough to print the build sheet for me. Has GR painted seat backs, GR painted console - pretty funky. Bought some OEM GT3 track seats and an OEM SS roll bar for it today. It will start its journey here on Monday when the PO gets back from racing in Sebring with his race car - this one was his DD and never been tracked.

I am really happy with my purchase I must admit - new signature to follow. Pictures when it comes off the carrier - likely two weeks till I see it.

Please help me get rid of the 993 guys...certainly before the bank statement gets to the house at the end of the month...otherwise it will be my wife's lawyer posting on the "for sale" thread in the not to distant future......
Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

So your member name is potentially, horribly accurate! ;-)
Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
DanL993
button queen

There's another thread on RL about someone struggling over buying a 993 that isn't nearly as nice, or reasonably priced, as this one. I'll do a search now to see if I can help.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like a beautiful car. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM
DanL993
button queen

Try this one:
"PPI or walk away?" and a post from Teuton993.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanL993
Try this one:
"PPI or walk away?" and a post from Teuton993.
Thanks Dan I will - my 993 is realy unique - (and a tastefull custom look I think).
Old 02-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Hello all...this guy has to has to start making its way North - any interest on it before I start the import process???
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,034 Likes on 1,791 Posts

It may be a hassle to deal with the import but I'm willing to bet you'll get all your money back faster and easier in Canada.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I would encourage you to have some photos posted of the car updated with the changes you have mentioned. Photos help buyers who might be on the fence. Most 993s of this mileage sell for far less. You might have something special and you need to show the car as to its potential.

I also think a listing of the repair history of major items would also be helpful. If you prefer not to post them here, send me a PM.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Louis J.
It may be a hassle to deal with the import but I'm willing to bet you'll get all your money back faster and easier in Canada.
i agree entirely Louis...but its just such a pretty car - with such solid history - I can't imagine why anyone who was in the market for this type of 993 - granted who has to loves Aero 1 look - wouldn't want this car at this price point. I think it is tremendous value for the money. Most guys agree they would take a 127K miles well documentad (one owner 14 1/2 year) 911 over a three or four owner unit 50 K unit....which is cheaper well me anyway - and I had to see it with that Aero 1 mod done to it....its just the GT 3 craze took hold of me....

Quick Reply: Soon to be listed - perfect for the right person