g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

$40K says I'm fishing - not really interested in selling
Old 01-26-2010, 02:55 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a 61k Arena Red Targa in Phoenix for $35k if $40 is too much Who says the recession has hurt prices? (asking prices anyway)
Old 01-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 349 Posts

Dear Mr. Buzz Kill,

You truly fit the profile of the guy who kills the messenger. Let me say one last time, it is not my freaking car. You write, "sorry, $40k is more than wiggle room. $40k says, "i'm looking for a sucker". You have a non-standard color, in probably the least desirable year (for the average person), with some strange options. $32k max."

$40,000, is the car listed at $40,000? If you are interested, which quite clearly you are not, you'd contact the seller and ask him the current sticker price.

Non standard color, Grand Prix white? Are you nuts? People are searching for Grand Prix white cars, it's the Porsche Racing color. It is the color of my car as well.

Most undesirable year, you mean the year without CEL and SAI issues, the car without the vacuum issues on the Varioram?

"Strange options", you mean the PSS 9s and the LSD?

"52k is not low miles for a 993. A camry, absolutely. 52k is mid miles, not that there is anything wrong with that." No comment, your statement speaks for itself.

"And how would you know if it was driven in the salt/snow?"
As I subtly mention above, It is not my freaking car, I wouldn't know where it has been driven. Are you in the market? For $100 an hour I'll run down and check the car out for you! It will take about 3 hours round trip.

"yes, they will most likely find a buyer. Either a sucker will fall in love and pay them $40k, or someone with some sense will get them down to a realistic price, like $32k." The person with "some sense", would that be you?

Man you are bitter, get stung a few times in the past? I am off this thread...no more post on this topic from me.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:56 PM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OUCH!!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,442 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Dear Mr. Buzz Kill,

[COLOR="Blue"]You truly fit the profile of the guy who kills the messenger. Let me say one last time, it is not my freaking car.

$40,000, is the car listed at $40,000? If you are interested, which quite clearly you are not, you'd contact the seller and ask him the current sticker price.

Non standard color, Grand Prix white? Are you nuts? People are searching for Grand Prix white cars, it's the Porsche Racing color. It is the color of my car as well.

Most undesirable year, you mean the year without CEL and SAI issues, the car without the vacuum issues on the Varioram?

you mean the PSS 9s and the LSD?
No comment, your statement speaks for itself.

As I subtly mention above, It is not my freaking car, I wouldn't know where it has been driven. Are you in the market? For $100 an hour I'll run down and check the car out for you! It will take about 3 hours round trip.

The person with "some sense", would that be you?

Man you are bitter, get stung a few times in the past? I am off this thread...no more post on this topic from me.
ok, lets get started:

1. I've never seen anyone get so defensive about a car they don't own. Could it be because you own a similar car (which you allude to later), and you clearly want to see it sell for as much as possible?

2. Yes, the car is listed at $40k. Since I have no interest in the car, I'm not about to call up the dealer and start negotiating. You tell me what they're asking if you know the vehicle/dealer so well.

3. White tends to be less desirable than silver, black and red, but yes, some people like a white car. I tend to think that it being porsches motorsports color has little bearing on what someone wants to look at every day.

4. Are vaccum issues that prevalent? Also, lets be clear, the 95 has the exact same SAI issues as the 96, it simply doesn't light up the CEL. What it does do is have 12bhp less and a good bit less useable torque. Basket handle as well.

5. No the lsd is fine. Its the supple leather that I find very undesirable.

6. Yes, it does speak for itself. I buy cars to drive, so I don't mind buying a car with higher mileage. That doesn't mean it doesn't impact the price. In fact it does severely...

7. Since you don't know when the car is been driven, why would you postulate about the car not being driven during the winter? For all you know this was the guy's winter daily car.

8. No, it won't be me. But nobody with sense is paying $40k for this vehicle. Such is life.

9. I don't think I'm bitter at all...more like realistic. On the other hand, you seem very upset about my thoughts on the pricing of a car you don't own. You've subtly mentioned that several times, but you seem unwilling to accept that $40k is a very high asking price for this vehicle.

Cheers.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:17 PM
berni29
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi

I like the car. It would be better with the proper sports seats, but if on inspection it was the right car for me and I was going to keep it then who cares if it is going at the top end of the range. Apart from anything else people can offer whatever they like at whatever price. Having said that people are free to comment.

Berni
Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
berni29
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi

I like the car. It would be better with the proper sports seats, but if on inspection it was the right car for me and I was going to keep it then who cares if it is going at the top end of the range. Apart from anything else people can offer whatever they like at whatever price. Having said that people are free to comment.

Berni
Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 474 Posts

I love white 993s, and white/black 993s aren't on every corner. I actually like the "ruffled" leather seats as long as they've been looked after and the full leather interior isn't that common. PSS9s are a desireable and expensive upgrade too. Definitely on the highish side but there have been people paying over $30KUS for nicely kept/tastefully modded 95s recently. They have posted here. PPI is king.

Thanks for posting Martin.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Dear Mr. Buzz Kill,

You truly fit the profile of the guy who kills the messenger. Let me say one last time, it is not my freaking car. You write, "sorry, $40k is more than wiggle room. $40k says, "i'm looking for a sucker". You have a non-standard color, in probably the least desirable year (for the average person), with some strange options. $32k max."

"Strange options", you mean the PSS 9s and the LSD?

"52k is not low miles for a 993. A camry, absolutely. 52k is mid miles, not that there is anything wrong with that." No comment, your statement speaks for itself.

"And how would you know if it was driven in the salt/snow?"

"yes, they will most likely find a buyer. Either a sucker will fall in love and pay them $40k, or someone with some sense will get them down to a realistic price, like $32k." The person with "some sense", would that be you?

http://video.tiscali.it/canali/truve...574814413.html
Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 210 Posts

LMAO^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-27-2010, 12:24 AM
helmet155
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought my car from Brent @ Smith Volvo.

Throw out an offer if you like the car, he's a gamer and will deal. If you guys are happier being living room internet surfers then kindly move on...key word: kindly...

There is no need to turn this into the Jersey Shore Rennlist
Old 01-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Warpig
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asking price is quite lofty...

My 95 (Polar Silver) with 34K on the clock (no seat/leather upgrades) but has the LSD. paint great (9 1/2) only a couple very light swirl marks in a couple areas and no rock chips. Interior is a 9 1/2. I paid 28K for it and fixed all my PPI items Bilstein HD's + SSK/golden rod (admit they're not PSS9's) Set up corner balanced for additional 3K. For a grand total of 31K.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire but for 40K I'd want much more car.

Nick
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OUCH! OUCH!!

For a couple of folks with no interest in the car.....

Then what's this all about?

Child, please!!

Last edited by DanL993; 01-27-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,442 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by DanL993
OUCH! OUCH!!

For a couple of floks with no interest in the car.....

Then wat's this all about.

Child, please!!
Its called a discussion. I may not live in Europe, but I think I can discuss the merits of their governmental policy, no?

Whether or not I'm interested in the car, I can provide input on the vehicle at hand.

Someone will pay what they're gonna pay for this car, and my input will likely have no affect.

Your post, on the other hand, adds no value.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Jersey Shore Rennlist

Quick Reply: You 1995 993 Looky Loos...