Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else find that "DDM Tuning" are a bunch of bozos?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone else find that "DDM Tuning" are a bunch of bozos?

A couple of months ago, I tried to order HID's for my car from DDM. A few days after placing the order, I received an email whose subject line said "Backorder" and whose content, in its entirety, was the following: "55W DDM Ballast on backorder.(MPW)"

What does "MPW" mean? Who knows. When would the part be in stock? Who knows. When might it ship? Who knows. No useful information at all, actually. So I called. But their number is busy most of the time, and if you actually get through, you get hung up on over and over again. After a laborious process, I finally got through to an actual human being and had my credit card refunded.

Hey DDM guys, here's some free business advice: maybe you'd experience fewer calls if your emails to customers actually contained useful information. Ever think of that?

And of course it's happened again. I placed another order a week ago, and included in the notes field a request that they contact me by phone or email if they're out of stock or if there's going to be a delay in shipping. A week has gone by and there has been no package delivered nor any communication from DDM.

So I went on their website to check the order. It simple reads, "process." What does that mean? Who knows. So again I call -- the line's been busy all day. I have a headlight out and actually need these parts. But there's simply no way to get through to DDM Tuning.

Once again, some free business advice to DDM: If you clowns would actually make your website and email communications useful to your customers, you'd probably have a lot fewer people calling you. This would mean 1) less time on the phone, 2) more time fulfilling orders (this seems to be a problem), and 3) fewer pissed off customers whose orders are delayed and who can't get you on the phone.

Why go through the trouble of allowing customers to check their orders online if the only information they can see is one unintelligible and useless word? Like I said: bozos.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 393 Posts

If you had issues the first time why patronize them again.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I rarely give a nonresponsive vendor a second chance.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
twinreds
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Noah
A couple of months ago, I tried to order HID's for my car from DDM. A few days after placing the order, I received an email whose subject line said "Backorder" and whose content, in its entirety, was the following: "55W DDM Ballast on backorder.(MPW)"

What does "MPW" mean? Who knows. When would the part be in stock? Who knows. When might it ship? Who knows. No useful information at all, actually. So I called. But their number is busy most of the time, and if you actually get through, you get hung up on over and over again. After a laborious process, I finally got through to an actual human being and had my credit card refunded.

Hey DDM guys, here's some free business advice: maybe you'd experience fewer calls if your emails to customers actually contained useful information. Ever think of that?

And of course it's happened again. I placed another order a week ago, and included in the notes field a request that they contact me by phone or email if they're out of stock or if there's going to be a delay in shipping. A week has gone by and there has been no package delivered nor any communication from DDM.

So I went on their website to check the order. It simple reads, "process." What does that mean? Who knows. So again I call -- the line's been busy all day. I have a headlight out and actually need these parts. But there's simply no way to get through to DDM Tuning.

Once again, some free business advice to DDM: If you clowns would actually make your website and email communications useful to your customers, you'd probably have a lot fewer people calling you. This would mean 1) less time on the phone, 2) more time fulfilling orders (this seems to be a problem), and 3) fewer pissed off customers whose orders are delayed and who can't get you on the phone.

Why go through the trouble of allowing customers to check their orders online if the only information they can see is one unintelligible and useless word? Like I said: bozos.
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice....
Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 PM
twinreds
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Verburg

I rarely give a nonresponsive vendor a second chance.
Boy, we were typing the same saying at the same time!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a relay harness from them with no problems. Your incident reminds me of my attempt to buy Ctek cables from their online distributor. What a waste of time.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:19 PM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't have a problem when I ordered a set of 35 watts before Christmas. No issues with being back ordered. I also made a phone call and it was answered the first time. Maybe there was a change in personnel.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:18 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by jhummel68
I didn't have a problem when I ordered a set of 35 watts before Christmas. No issues with being back ordered. I also made a phone call and it was answered the first time. Maybe there was a change in personnel.
I had the very same experience. Sorry to hear of your plight, Br. Noah.

Andreas
Old 01-13-2010, 12:34 AM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a smooth transaction when I ordered a 35 watt kit. Life is strange sometimes.

Cheers,
Emerald
Old 01-13-2010, 12:40 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also am experiencing the same delay. The person I actually got a chance to speak to said it was because I ordered the 55w flavor, that the parts should be in on Tuesday (today) and that they would send me an email when they shipped. I'm not hopeful but don't need this right away. I'll give it another week and then cancel my order. Anyone know of a reliable source with similar price point?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg

When reading the OP initially, the begining words to "fool me once" couldn't get out fast enough.

Thanks for the Heads Up with this vendor.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:49 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarhombre
I also am experiencing the same delay. The person I actually got a chance to speak to said it was because I ordered the 55w flavor, that the parts should be in on Tuesday (today) and that they would send me an email when they shipped. I'm not hopeful but don't need this right away. I'll give it another week and then cancel my order. Anyone know of a reliable source with similar price point?
I ordered my Apexcore kit from Sharp HID. This is the same kit as DDM offers. IIRC Sharp was more $$$.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:15 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update to say I got a tracking email from DDM today. I suspect others who were waiting for the 55ws might as well. Just to be a wise guy, I emailed them to say because they did not notify me of the backorder situation, and since I placed my order on the 4th of this month, they should (as a courtesy) expedite shipping to next day. You know how far i got with that They are coming via slow boat from...
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

14 days ago i ordered 3 HID kits form DDM, took them one week to ship and when the finally did the only sent 2 of the kits, someway the "forgot" the third kit.

Got put on hold twice for more the 15 minutes on the phone as their mail system does not allow me to notify them about the missing set by mail, not exactly cheap when you are calling from Norway.

Receiving two parcels instead of one costs me 30 usd extra in customs fees

Will probably not use them again in the future.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Guess I lucked out, got my hid kit with no back order notice but it took a couple of weeks though before they sent me notice that they had shipped. Pleasantly surprised at how complete the kit looks.

Quick Reply: Anyone else find that "DDM Tuning" are a bunch of bozos?