Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Hey Bill W, I think I saw your car yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Betsy W
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Makes me want to put a post out for DC/MD/VA people to meet at a Starbucks, and soon!
Say the word. My husband and I are eager to take the '89 and the '98 out! We're in NoVa but don't mind a wee drive...
Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great times ladies and gentlemen! Wish I could have gone on the drive with you, but I want to figure out my belt warning light before I go wear it out. Hell, we still hung out for almost 4 hours!!

Not that I want to take away from our Porsche focused gatherings, but one easy, bulletproof way to have a systematic meeting would be to join the "Cars and Coffee" group that meets the first Saturday of every month at 9am at the Starbucks in Cool Springs. The Carrera GT and Ferrari drivers were both familiar with this group and told me it has become very popular. I think making that our new staple where we can count on seeing each other every month without any planning whatsoever as well as seeing a multitude of marques every month would be a great place to start. From there we could expand upon those meetings to add drives and maybe some Porsche only get togethers. I plan on going to the next one on Saturday, February 6th at 9am to see what all the fuss is about.

Everyone chime in and let me know your thoughts.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
tblountman
3rd Gear

Works for me. I have been a regular at the Cool Springs meet for quite a while. Good group of guys and the parking at Carraba's next door is plentiful for large gatherings.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great meeting you Tim! I didn't get to say goodbye as I think you took off with the driving group, but I do loof forward to exchange rides with you soon and talking more about how **** we are cleaning the undersides of our cars! :-0

Oh, and your White 997TT is simply gorgeous!!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:22 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

I think Robert's suggestion is a good one. I attended the Cars and Coffee a few weeks back and although it was blistering cold, there were still plenty of cool cars out and great people to talk to.

I am actually on the e-mail list for Cars and Coffee and receive an e-mail a week or so before each gathering. I saw some information in the local PCA newsletter and signed up. The guy who is organizing it is named Peter Bedrosian. You can shoot him an e-mail at peter.bedrosian@nissan-usa.com and get put on the list.

tblountman- is that the same e-mail list you are on or do the Ferrari guys have a seperate one? Good to meet you yesterday by the way- your car is stunning.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
tblountman
3rd Gear

Brendan,
Different email list. The one I was referring to was from the MTFR (Middle Tenn Fun Run) group. Darrell is the one who hooked me up with them. By the way I think the email group Peter Bedrosian sends out was originally the Nissan guys who met at Panera Bread in Cool Springs. They have occasionally joined the FChat group which started the meet at Starbucks of Cool Springs. Ferrarichat.com is where they post info about the monthly meet. They have a heading under the southeast regional section called Nashville cars and coffee. Hopefully not confusing. I think there are about 3 or 4 different clans which are starting to morph together. More cars. Bigger the better.
Tim
Old 01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a great meet guys. Really good to see you all. Great fun on the backroads. The heavily boosted GT2 sounds amazing.

Here are my pics from the gathering and subsequent drive.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeremy.r...eat=directlink
Old 01-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Thanks for posting the photos Brendan. Hopefully it won't be long before we have the (non-Smurf) Rivi Blue Cab down here with us. It would have added a nice color to our collection.

Great to see everyone again.
That was a lot more fun than house hunting. All day today as well. I need a drive when I get back home.

Mike
Old 01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
That was a lot more fun than house hunting. All day today as well. I need a drive when I get back home.

Mike
My personal record for house hunting is 22 houses in one day w/ our realtor in Delaware, not a pleasant experience after about 12 of them. I sympathize with what you're going through, I almost enjoy packing because the house hut is over by then.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike,
Send me a PM and let me know what your are looking for in Bwood/Franklin. Tell me square footage, number of bedrooms, number of garage doors (VERY IMPORTANT :-)), and any specifics and I will see if I can help you out. The wife and I have also been looking as we are trying to buy a bigger house for us, the three kids and the four cars, so I have a pretty good bead on the market right now. And no, I'm not a realtor. :-)

BTW, there was a guy there Saturday morning that had his house for sale. It was the guy with the Z06 Vette. I can tell you what he told me about if you want via PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Arena993
Race Car

PM Sent. House hunting BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:46 PM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like someone said earlier, once you close on the house all this pain goes away. Good luck with the house hunting.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:57 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

The house Robert talked to the guy about has a 5 or 6 car garage, so that should take all your must-haves off the list Mike. If you wife likes it, you may have a new house I think it was only a couple of miles from the Starbucks.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Don't tell her!!!!! I am trying to get her in the DOWN SIZE mode. We have no kids so the house does not need to be big, and I don't want a big house. We have a traditional 4 BR 2.5 bath house with a full basement (unfinished) at 3000 Sq ft. (1st and 2nd floor) right now and I do not want to be that big. We never use any of the rooms. They all stay closed off. Hell I have never sat in the Living Room. I have only eaten in the Dining Room once. I fell for the "We need a bigger house" the first time. I am all about a quality area just not more room than I need. Of course this is all big talk because my wife is no where around. Spent a lot of time in Franklin yesterday and I really like the downtown area. Brentwood is next weekend. God help me

Mike

Mike
Old 01-18-2010, 03:18 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tblountman
Brendan,
Different email list. The one I was referring to was from the MTFR (Middle Tenn Fun Run) group. Darrell is the one who hooked me up with them. By the way I think the email group Peter Bedrosian sends out was originally the Nissan guys who met at Panera Bread in Cool Springs. They have occasionally joined the FChat group which started the meet at Starbucks of Cool Springs. Ferrarichat.com is where they post info about the monthly meet. They have a heading under the southeast regional section called Nashville cars and coffee. Hopefully not confusing. I think there are about 3 or 4 different clans which are starting to morph together. More cars. Bigger the better.
Tim
Well that explains it! I am on the Nissan list and those guys meet on an irregular basis. It definitely would be nice to get one big meet that could happen on a regular basis, like once a month. The Cars and Coffee in soCal meets every Saturday and the "featured" marque of the week has special parking in the front of the show. I am not sure how that part is coordinated.

Could Facebook possibly be used to help with communication?

VInce

Quick Reply: Hey Bill W, I think I saw your car yesterday...