Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Europe in Birmingham Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,117 Likes on 672 Posts
Default Auto Europe in Birmingham Michigan?

I did a search and they were recommended for a PPI. Anyone have any direct experience with them? They have a couple of interesting cars on their lot.
Thanks!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 AM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 125 Posts

I have bought two cars from Auto Europe in the past two years, both good experiences. I have visited their service site multiple times and it always seems very busy with a very wide range of cars being worked on, from 1960's Lotus Elans to modern 911's. I have no PPI experience with them (I borrowed one of their service bays for an afternoon to do a PPI on a car they were selling) but would suggest a visit to talk and discuss what you want, they are all very approachable, from the owners to the mechanics themselves.
JW
Old 01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked at a car there recently...the mettallic green. I dont know that much about them but it seemed like a pretty good place with nice cars and respectable salesman (Chris)
Old 01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Thanks. How did the green car look, ABCer? interesting color. From the photo, looks like the latest Porsche Racing Green in the 997s.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:38 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
Thanks. How did the green car look, ABCer? interesting color. From the photo, looks like the latest Porsche Racing Green in the 997s.
It was a beautiful green in the sun...the pictures NEVER show dark metallic greens well but in person, very nice. It does look like the front bumper was repainted and a bit "off" in certain angles...but over all it was a good looking and very nice driving car.

I cant remember...i think it is "emerald" green?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Tannengrun Metallic (Pine Green Metallic). "Off in certain angles" how? A much greater concern than a front bumper respray. I agree the dark green metallics don't photograph well, especially online.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 281 Posts

I live & hang out in the area (PCA/BMWCA/MBCA events) - Auto Europe doesn't seem to have much of a reputation for used car sales. I know a few guys who bought new Lotus' from them & all was good.

I personally wouldn't buy from them, but I'm pretty finicky...
Old 01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
RFMASSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I did a search and they were recommended for a PPI. Anyone have any direct experience with them? They have a couple of interesting cars on their lot.
Thanks!
I have 30k service done there, oil changes and tire mounts with never an issue. I have also had my 993 clutch replaced by Munk Motors in Wateford, MI. They did a great job. They may do PPI as well and Chis Braden, the owner, is a very knowledage and fussy guy when it comes to maintenance. You might check with them as well (if you are looking at a car being sold from other than AutoEurope!)

-Ray
Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 AM
mkimber
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto Europe did a PPI on my 1998 M3 about three years. I was satisfied with their work. In fact, I am dropping off my wife's 128i this morning at Auto Europe for them to do some work. I did not have Auto Europe perform a PPI or any mechncial work on my Porsches, however, so I can't speak to their expertise re Porsches.

I did not have a good experiences with Munk Motors.

Also think about using Howard Gilson of Gilson Motorsports in Royal Oak for a PPI. Howard is very knowledgeable, honest, and reasonably priced.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:23 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mkimber
Auto Europe did a PPI on my 1998 M3 about three years. I was satisfied with their work. In fact, I am dropping off my wife's 128i this morning at Auto Europe for them to do some work. I did not have Auto Europe perform a PPI or any mechncial work on my Porsches, however, so I can't speak to their expertise re Porsches.

I did not have a good experiences with Munk Motors.

Also think about using Howard Gilson of Gilson Motorsports in Royal Oak for a PPI. Howard is very knowledgeable, honest, and reasonably priced.
I am looking for someone to corner balance my car after the PSS10s are on (by me). Is Gilson well experienced in this kind of work and would you recommend him for service for other major or problematic work should the need arise? I do not have someone in my area that I feel I can trust with my car.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 281 Posts

+1 on Howard Gilson. Good guy & passionate about Porsches...
Old 01-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Stuttgarter
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to Jeff Jones. He just put PSS10s on and aligned PICR's RS clone.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 AM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. Avoid Auto Europe for with your 993. If you have a Defender, take it there.

Jeff did my setup to perfection. It took 2 days. He works on air cooled porsche's almost exclusively and has done so since they were new. Not to mention he is about the nicest guy in the world.

I hear good things about Gilson as well.

Keep in mind, 993 alignments are NOTHING like 964, 996, or any other car of any other make. You must have specific 993 experience and a 993-specific kinematic tow tool.

The correct alignments are time consuming and expensive, but are totally necessary for both road and track. You can find on these forums many stories of guys burning through rear tires in 3000 miles, or driving unstable cars that have been recently "aligned".
Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Sorry, where or who is Jeff Jones? Is he in CA or MI?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh. He's in Farmington Hills, MI

http://www.automotivetechniques.net/

Quick Reply: Auto Europe in Birmingham Michigan?