Sponsored by:

Engine Tray

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Monique
The CUP cars are different. They are not concerned about how long the engine lasts...

In spite of your BS call, there is still no, repeat NO empirical study using correct data analysis tools and software on the benefits of keeping or removing the undertray...

The bun fight is ON!!! Kidding of course...
When did we move from ***** to buns?

I love that pic of the baby saying "...those ***** are for me".
Old 01-07-2010, 05:29 PM
patela
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some additional questions: (Not trying to fan the flames -- I'm actually wondering about this)

1. If the tray was designed to limit noise in Switzerland, why isn't it only spec'd on Swiss cars, or Euro cars? The US is the largest market for 911s. We all know that due to various regulations we have here, our cars are different than RoW cars in many ways. If it's an expensive piece, one would think that Porsche would at least have saved the money (and headaches) by leaving it off US market cars, no? Any explanation for why the Swiss market would have dictated global design for a removable item?

2. People keep talking about aero effects - now I know it sacrelige to ask, but any thoughts on the possible effect on gas mileage? I do use mine as a DD in California, and $$ (and carbon atoms) I can spare are helpful. (Yes, I know valve guides cost a lot of money, blah, blah. That's not the question, thanks.)

3. Given that I don't have an engine tray, and have already scraped something back there on my driveway once - what am I scraping?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Engine Tray