Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Submit Photos for 2010 Calendar - Information Here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Calendar Photos - Your Comments Needed

We've had lots of submissions of great cars and photos. Please visit this smugmug site and provide comments and rank the photos:

http://jimharvey.smugmug.com/Q1-2010...51471988_Reux6

If you want to download individual photos to make your own calendar, it's easy to do so by just mousing over to the right of the photograph and clicking owner save. You can also give a thumbs up or down to each photo by mousing over to the right and doing so. You can also give a 1 - 5 star ranking (5 being the highest) by clicking on an individual photo and going into the "detailed" section where you can also leave comments on a particular car. We'll leave this up for a couple of weeks and then use the comments/rankings, etc. to pick the photos for the stock calendar. Once they're chosen, we'll assemble the calendar and let everyone know where/how to buy it at Lulu.com.

Several folks have submitted photos that are too small to print in calendar size. If you re-sized them for emailing, go back and submit the original - there are no bandwidth limitations at the smugmug gallery - so the more pixels you can email us, the better. There are several very, very cool photos that are just too small to print - so I'm personally hoping you can submit another copy.

To resubmit photos (or submit more), email them to:

jimharvey@email.smugmug.com

with the word "aerokit1b" in the subject line and any details on car/owner, etc. in the body of the email.

Thanks. Enjoy all of the beautiful cars. They're great and we should have a great calendar. Jim/Justin
Old 01-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uploaded mine just now. They're a bit older (last year) but I didn't get time this weekend to get some new ones.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Jake G
Rennlist Member

Uploaded my pics on Sunday. Hope you like them.

Jake
Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim,
I couldn't get the image of my 993 RS Clone to upload to the smugmug site. Is there another way to get this image in full size to you for the calender?

Thanks,
Joel Bowman
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pics sent.

Thanks for doing this
Old 01-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Joe - I saved and uploaded your photo. You should find it in the gallery now.

JH
Old 01-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Hi Jim/Justin,

There is one photo that i have tried to submit twice...but it never appears in the gallery. Its a broadside shot of my Targa with the RS tail/RUF 19". You mentioned that these photos, when sent to the the email address you specified, go directly to the gallery? Is there any vetting or filtering happening? I am trying to see if the problem is from my side or the gallery's side.

Cheers,

Mike
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Mike - I don't see your car in the gallery either. Everything has worked pretty smoothly. Do you mind trying again. Just email it to:

jimharvey@email.smugmug.com, with the words "aerokit1b" in the subject line.

pm me when you do so I can check on it. Be sure to send a LARGE image with as many pixels as you've got - the better for printing.

JH
Old 01-28-2010, 04:12 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lot's of really great shots in the gallery for this, great idea The shots that make me go Wow! are Mike J's ^^ and these:

Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those having issues, make sure your email program doesn't make the J and H in Jim's name as upper-case letters. I had the same issue until I tried this.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Default Minimum Image Size - HELP, NEED MORE PHOTOS

PLEASE SUBMIT MORE PHOTOS (OR RE-SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS) WITH AT LEAST 150 DPI. Without that resolution, the photos will appear blurred or pixelated and we won't be happy with the result. I've been chasing some folks via pm for their photos and haven't been able to get enough of a proper size to assemble the calendar.

SO, IF YOU'VE GOT A HOT CAR AND WANT IT IN THE CALENDAR, PLEASE EMAIL REPLACEMENT OR ADDITIONAL PHOTOS TO:

jimharvey@email.smugmug.com, with the words aerokit1b in the subject line. please include your user name and email in the email message so that I can contact you to get a different image if yours doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks. Jim Harvey
Old 02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Default BUY YOUR CALENDARS HERE!!

OK - after lots of work, here are the details on the purchase. The calendars are just $16.74, plus shipping. That includes costs of printing and $3.00 each for Rennwish. The calendar runs from March to March. All you have to do is go to the following address and buy away:

http://www.lulu.com/content/lulustud...lendar/8250902

I hope that you enjoy them. I had to scurry to find enough photos with enough pixels and the right dimensions to print, but think that it came out pretty well, all things considered. Thanks to everyone for submitting photos and thanks to everyone for your patience. Thanks particularly to Justin for his help in the process.

I'll post details about numbers purchased and the Rennwish donation in a month or so.

Jim Harvey
Old 02-07-2010, 04:42 AM
The Eagle
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for all your time & effort. It looks great!

~ The Eagle ~
---------------------

'96 Polar Silver/Black C4S, manual, litronics, LED's in the positioning lights, alu/leather shifter & handbrake,
silver face gauges with alu rings, "GT" sport seats, full leather interior, motor sound airbox, stainless door sills,
valve caps Porsche crested brushed alloy, front protection bar, with split rear grill and layered with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

'92 Carrera 2 (Sold)
'89 Carrera 3.2 (Sold)
Old 02-20-2010, 01:18 AM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received my calendar today.
It looks great! High quality product.
Thanks for all of your efforts in putting this together and including my car as "Ms. May".
Bob
Old 04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
drknauf
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 24 Posts

Quick Reply: Submit Photos for 2010 Calendar - Information Here!