Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any painters here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 09:11 PM
911ist
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, bumperplugs.com wants $295 to paint the piece...I am sure they do great work but ouch! Looks like I'll go for the DIY route and if I mess up, well, I am sure a bodyman can fix it.

My car is Slate Gray Metallic
Old 12-31-2009, 09:14 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 911ist
well, bumperplugs.com wants $295 to paint the piece...
Holy shyte....

Andreas
Old 12-31-2009, 10:05 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a partial quart of slate metallic gray from a set of wheels I restored for Bert for his 993 GT2. call me and we can discuss me painting these small parts for your car. I used DuPont Chroma Base two stage paint. Have you fit them on your car yet to make sure everything is ok? 805-498-7261
Bert's wheels -- I am in the Thousand Oaks area.
Attached Images   
Old 12-31-2009, 11:56 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911ist
well, bumperplugs.com wants $295 to paint the piece...I am sure they do great work but ouch! Looks like I'll go for the DIY route and if I mess up, well, I am sure a bodyman can fix it.

My car is Slate Gray Metallic
For that price you could buy some base/clear and a half decent HVLP gun if you have a compressor and the desire.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:11 AM
mikefo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is a 95 black C2 Cab. It can believe that the car does not have a clear coat. I don't understand how Porsche could make the decision to do that. The paint is in great condition on the car (garage queen with 14k on it) although the hood was re-sprayed at some point to repair rock chips. The hood has a good hard and very flat clear coat on it. The rear quarter-panel does not based on my experience fixing a nick in the paint I inflicted removing the old rock guard. Seems any (even slight) buffing along a repair area will remove the paint and expose the grey primer. I fixed it to the point my wife could not find the repair although my eye I still catches it. I would be very upset at myself if the new rock guard did fit nicely over the repair.

One area that is subpar is the lower rocker panels below the door and the rear QP. Seems rocks pepper the area not protected by the rock guard. Thinking of masking and re-spraying the areas. There is a seem for separation along the bottom of the car so I think it could be done very nicely. Anyone else re-spray the rocker panels. Would you use a clear coat even though the rest of the car seems to not have one?

Quick Reply: Any painters here?