Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Ok... What did you get? (for the holidays, Hanukkah or Christmas)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 172 Posts

Santa did his shopping on Rennlist, FD Turbo mufflers from FisterD and a set of Turbo twist hallow wheels from Pewter82. Need to get those mufflers on ASAP.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazon...I found/saw ad first in the PCA monthly publication. Amazon had it, just search Amazon for Metroplitan 500. It works fanstastic....must plug in, no battery, but again, this thing really sucks..

Denny
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Chris Walrod "wins"!!!!

Tony, your board is sweet-looking .

JD, that's one sexy shot of a remote reservoir. I like your lomo stuff (it is lomo, right?)

Steve - I hope your 2010 is better than 2009. I love the build quality of the Macs.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
JD, that's one sexy shot of a remote reservoir. I like your lomo stuff (it is lomo, right?)
Lomo... Yes. But not many good car shots with the Lomo. I haven't taken any pics lately, have to get back into the swing of things...
Old 12-28-2009, 12:35 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by roche

cool enamel sign

Thanks to RLer Speedsterman & my bride's smooth interception of their overseas mailing, I received two rare magazines with 993 Speedster articles
Old 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by verhag
amazon...I found/saw ad first in the PCA monthly publication. Amazon had it, just search Amazon for Metroplitan 500. It works fanstastic....must plug in, no battery, but again, this thing really sucks..

Denny
Sweet. Definitely need one of these. I dread having to lug out the Shopvac everytime, which results in the interior getting dirtier than it should be.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree, Chris Walrod "wins"!

My car got a set of Moton Motorsport triples and a box full of suspension goodies from Steve at Rennsport.

If any of you local guys are bored this winter and want lend a hand with the install let me know
Old 12-28-2009, 10:04 PM
patela
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Santa came a little early for me, and brought me JasonF's C4

I can't really mention it without thanks to Jason who has taken great care of the car, and made the transaction easy, Robbie Provost of Provost Motor Sports in Bordentown, NJ, who did the PPI, a few smaill repairs and baby sat until the shipper could pick up the car, Plycar auto shippers (booked through High End Transport) who picked the car up in NJ and delivered it in CA in a week (in December!).

And thanks to all of you who opined, emailed, looked at, test drove and chatted with me during my loooooong search. Rennlist is a great place thanks to all of you!
Attached Images    
Old 12-28-2009, 10:06 PM
911ist
Rennlist Member

I got a blown apex seal on my RX-7 track car
Old 12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
sbarracl
Racer

The GF (now Fiance) got me a signed Publishers edition of this: http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Protot...e=UTF8&s=books as well as a battery maintainer for the Porsche.

Very Cool.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Sean Hamilton
Instructor

Couldn't resist sharing this : I was after a simpler system than making up rear foot well speaker boxes to enhance the hifi with low volume base. Santa had just the ticket: JVC powered subwoofer CS-DA1 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VC+CS-DA1.html with a built-in amp and remote volume control with auto boost toggle mounted under the streering column. The subwoof simply rests perfectly on the rear seat squab as if purpose tailored to fit and unplugs from the wiring loom if I need to remove it for any reason. And wow .... packs a wallop too. 1/2 Vol is more than enough for me.
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sbarracl
The GF (now Fiance) got me a signed Publishers edition of this: http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Protot...e=UTF8&s=books as well as a battery maintainer for the Porsche.
Scott-- Nice!
Originally Posted by patela
Santa came a little early for me, and brought me JasonF's C4
And thanks to all of you who opined, emailed, looked at, test drove and chatted with me during my loooooong search.
Patela-- Very nice!
Originally Posted by Sean Hamilton
Couldn't resist sharing this : I was after a simpler system than making up rear foot well speaker boxes to enhance the hifi with low volume base. Santa had just the ticket: JVC powered subwoofer CS-DA1 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VC+CS-DA1.html with a built-in amp and remote volume control with auto boost toggle. And wow .... packs a wallop too. 1/2 Vol is more than enough for me.
Sean-- Sounds like a great solution FWIW, this sonicElectronix.com link currently claims they only have 1 left in stock: "JVC CS-DA1 - 170W Max, 8" Powered Active Subwoofer System with Wired Remote ($179.99)." No affiliation. In fact, I have no trace of a stereo in my 993; just know RL bass-heads have been looking for a removable, pre-manufactured sub solution for years.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 104 Posts

Iv' received this

Last edited by delanobe; 01-01-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Chris Walrod "wins"!!!!
Originally Posted by Patfat
I agree, Chris Walrod "wins"!
If there's any question for second place, I submit RLer SansH2O (Dean)'s Blue Turquoise 993 Turbo S, delivered on Christmas eve...
Originally Posted by curve lover
Originally Posted by AOW162435

curve lover: The #1 World Wide Interwebs Sleuth - ever!

Andreas
Sometimes, no webz sleuthing required... a friend simply sent the following photo to me

Cool coincidence: he happens to be a RLer with a Turquoise Blue 993 WB beauty, but I don't think he's seen this thread or directly-related ones recently. I feel like the TMZ.com of Rennlist.

He's also a mutual friend of Dean's! SansH2O approved this for posting: shipper unloading her on Christmas eve, home on the west coast:

Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A Giro ski helmet:

After 45 years of skiing, better late than never.

Quick Reply: Ok... What did you get? (for the holidays, Hanukkah or Christmas)