Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my '97 993 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
rl3193
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I can't say I don't understand... these are great cars and I'm looking forward to getting back into one soon. I guess I'll keep my search going. If you decide to come down on the 'sell' side of the fence please let me know either through post or a PM. If I haven't bought one by the time you decide, know that I would be interested in talking.

PS. If you know of another 97 - 98 C4S or C2S on the market please send them my way.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,

"Nothin' for nothin'" as they say. I just wanted to add to my other comments here on your dilemma.

First, the car you have is special and you can still have it, enjoy it AND keep the miles down on it if that is your strategy. My ONLY P-Car is the 993, and I have 26K with a 2K/yr mileage budget and I'm very content to have that great experience every two weeks or so, and still labor to keep it in great condition. I store it three months in the winter and that makes the spring break out all the more fun.

However, if you're now starting to think of yours as a commodity, and it sounds like you are, then definately sell it to one of these guys who will treat it as well as you would without the guilt--and you get rid of the obsession.

So, I guess I'm saying this is a bit like marriage--commit one way or the other. You won't be happy with "half way" no matter what you do.

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car..By chance, do you live in the Keene, NH-Brattleboro, VT area? I saw one on the road just like it in Chesterfield, NH a couple weeks ago.

I don;t envy you your decision. I have also been struggling with the decision to sell my pampered pet. Good luck

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my '97 993 C4S