Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Try audizine S4/RS4 section

http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46
Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 96C2
Wow, this funny but I just saw this model and color on a search of my own for an S4 Avant tonight. I'm not really into the bright yellow on a modern car so here you go.

http://www.autofind.com/dealer/detai...L98E26A229728/

If this link doesn't work then look up Strong Audi in Salt Lake City, UT. That is where the Avant is listed. Hope it works out.

Now if someone comes across a B6 or B7 S4 Avant in white I would like the heads up on that.
Thanks!

The local dealer in Escondido sold a white 2009 6spd car ~ 5 months ago.
If i see it' I'll ask the owner if it is FS.

Craig
Old 12-25-2009, 02:58 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Audi = extended warranty for my money. My own experience is a MY96 UrS6 Avant which I'd bought new and drove for ten years/110K miles as a daily driver - Great car, Uber Ski wagon w RS2 enhancements. While my S6 Avant was largely drama free, in its later years a HVAC module here, a fuel line there, or a wiring harness can easily represent a $1000 plus service event.

True story: The S6 Avant's rear hatch wiring harness developed a break which in turn disabled the brake lights. The S6 sat parked at Audi of Boulder, CO for a month ++ while Audi USA searched high and low for the back-ordered $645.00 harness. In desperation a buddy in Gernany checked with Audi of Frankfurt for the harness. "how many do you need? Audi Frankfurt has 7 in stock with a price of 120 Euro"..... Sun-of-a-Bitch!! Bought a harness on the spot hooking up with FedEx. Problem solved.
Expensive parts? You bet you'r ****! Some mark up Audi USA.

Great car the S6 wagon however read expensive. I've heard of turbo's going out on the 2.7tt V6 which then dumps oil into the exhaust channel taking out the expensive cat-converters. All toll its a $10K service episode. Ouch.

Last edited by M. Schneider; 01-04-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:40 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
EDIT original post text....."I blame the dealer and Audi equally. I also sure that not all of their cars are this bad but you only need to get involved w/ one to make you see the light."

"Contrast that experience w/ a buddy that bought an Acura at the same time that I bought my last Audi, His car was 2yrs and 25k mi past the warranty period, when Acura replaced his trans w/ a new one at no cost to him, w/o any drama threats or crying, they even provided a loaner."

So true... many of VW & Audi USAs competitor's do Customer Service waaaay better... No drama, etc... many of us here have had Acura style service episodes with other brands.. Audi wake up!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:33 AM
H2NO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 Avant

I've owned my 2007 S4 Avant 6MT for about seven months with just one issue - a failed power steering pump. No big deal for a car under warranty, especially with a free loaner. Also, in 2007 they were still providing scheduled maintenance for free, so I had my 15k mile service done at the same time. My last DD was an Audi allroad that I owned for seven years with no issues. I sold it with 100k miles for $10k with a line of buyers (seven months later I still get emails asking about the car). The only reason I sold it was the prospect of upcoming repair issues without the benefit of an extended warranty. I was still on the original clutch and the brakes had been done once, at 60k miles. I figured within one year I would have the cost of a clutch, brakes, and a very real possibility of at least one turbo failing. Based on my experiences, you either get a good Audi or a bad one. The bad ones will plague you from day one. The good ones will be very reliable.

As for not holding their value - my experience is that the S4 Avant (especially in manual transmission) definitely holds it's value. I looked for six months for my car and missed everyone that popped up on autotrader. The car with 11k miles in two years definitely wasn't a bargain. For people like me who need to drive stick, our choices are very slim. In my seven months of ownership I've only seen one other, so they are definitely rare. On the other hand, an S4 coupe could probably be had at a bargain . . .

I can't find actual production numbers, but I've heard Audi made only around 100 per year of the B7 Avant 6MT.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 572 Posts
Default looking for an S4 Avant 6 speed?

check this guy out

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Arkady Khachinsky <arkady@luxuryridemotors.com> wrote:

Hello and Thank you,
Yes the vehicle is still in the inventory. Pictures are enclosed.
Akhachinsky
Luxury Ride
11685 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604

black with black / silver interior
Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H2NO
My last DD was an Audi allroad that I owned for seven years with no issues. I sold it with 100k miles for $10k with a line of buyers (seven months later I still get emails asking about the car). The only reason I sold it was the prospect of upcoming repair issues without the benefit of an extended warranty. I was still on the original clutch and the brakes had been done once, at 60k miles. I figured within one year I would have the cost of a clutch, brakes, and a very real possibility of at least one turbo failing. Based on my experiences, you either get a good Audi or a bad one. The bad ones will plague you from day one. The good ones will be very reliable.
Wow, another co-incidence. I have an '04 Allroad with a 6 spd. as my DD. It sits in the shop, as I write, getting a new clutch. All in all it has been a good car but I was a bit surprised to have to replace the clutch at 78K miles.

I'm out of my extended warranty and also worried about other expensive issues on the horizon so I'm on the hunt for another DD. As you guys know the fun German wagons are not coming to us any more. So I'm also hoping to find a nice condition CPO S4 Avant. They are tough to find.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:43 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Just come back from a winter skiing trip to the Alps in my S4 Avant along with my business partner Marc and family in his wife's 996 convertible. With the wife, daughter and our family friend in the S4 it was fully loaded with the "essential" luggage the girls insist on taking everywhere plus all our and some of Marc's skiing gear (no ski's) which he could not fit in the cab. Drove there and back from morning to night, around 16 hours total which is not bad for a 950 miles each way trip. On the French Autoroutes we probably averaged around 80-90 all the way and returned an average of 24mpg. At 7.30am of the morning of the return trip I fired up the engine first crack at -14C after being left standing all week. Epic.

Quick Reply: Audi S4 Avant, looking for Audi webforum