993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For your viewing pleasure - White and Silver

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009 | 11:20 PM
Tango635
Racer

JPP, thanks for all the info. I don't like the "car sitting on tires" look, too low for my tastes. I of course don't like the SUV look either. I think yours strikes a perfect balance. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-18-2009 | 11:23 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice job. Car really looks good. I love the color combo.
chuck
Old 12-18-2009 | 11:26 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JPP
All Porsche, all the time sir. You are always welcome here. You would have to promise to keep your foot out of that mid-engine corner machine so us antiques can keep up, though ...

Hey, thanks Larpy! I'm still waitin' to see the pics of your new wheels all mounted up, I bet it's gonna look awesome
I have not received them yet. I am like a kid at Christmas time waiting for the big day! I should have them in the next few weeks. I will post some pics when they do arrive.
Old 12-19-2009 | 03:16 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Cactus
Looks awesome! I love white 993's.
Originally Posted by JPP
And I love red ones.
I luv 'em all!!! (...even the puke-green ones, but that's a story for another thread.)

Congratulations, Jon Paul - looking very nice

Your 993 has the best Christmas gift of all, an enthusiast owner with great taste

Last edited by curve lover; 12-19-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-19-2009 | 03:41 AM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Jon,
The ride looks great! How about some before pictures...
--Joe
Old 12-19-2009 | 03:59 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Floodj
How about some before pictures.
Joe-- Howzis for starters; from the good man's "OT: Late introduction" thread:
Originally Posted by JPP

Old 12-19-2009 | 09:27 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Looks great JP, keep up the good work !
Old 12-19-2009 | 12:14 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Floodj
Jon,
The ride looks great! How about some before pictures...
--Joe
Thanks, Joe (and Jager for digging up some history, you are an amazing archive historian ..)
Here's one that goes back to the week after I got her, before wheel change or lowering. Look at the height of that rock hopper!!
Like the infomercials on late Saturday evening.. "Before, After, Before, After, Before, After ....
The way she looked for the first 86,000 miles ....

And after she met me (and, more to the point, YOU )

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Looks great JP, keep up the good work !
Hey, Viggo! How's my Turbo?? When are we going to take it to "The Ring" for a test drive??
Thanks for the kind words. Don't know if you caught it, but I finally got the TomTom cradle in the car and posted it in my original thread about same here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=66492
Old 12-19-2009 | 12:43 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Thanks, she looks tons better!
Old 12-19-2009 | 02:24 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Great job Jon! The grille and rear deck looks very clean all the same color. I might be making a road trip this spring down to Napa in the 993 where we would need to gather for a beer or wine!
Old 12-19-2009 | 03:24 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Great job Jon! The grille and rear deck looks very clean all the same color. I might be making a road trip this spring down to Napa in the 993 where we would need to gather for a beer or wine!
Thanks, Harlan. Now all I need are hard-back sports seats in Cashmere with GP White backs! .... and a 3 spoke wheel with silver crest, and an aluminum shifter and e-brake, and .......

Hey, when is your roadtrip? I'm putting my house in Seattle on the market in February hoping to be moving back 'home' to NorCal around April. I'd love to hook up when your down here and see your beautiful silver car in person.
Old 12-19-2009 | 03:54 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

looks great. I too love white on 993s. Looks like you also have all the proper mods. Good roll model for us newbies..... thanks!
Old 12-19-2009 | 04:47 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Originally Posted by JPP
Thanks, Harlan. Now all I need are hard-back sports seats in Cashmere with GP White backs! .... and a 3 spoke wheel with silver crest, and an aluminum shifter and e-brake, and .......

Hey, when is your roadtrip? I'm putting my house in Seattle on the market in February hoping to be moving back 'home' to NorCal around April. I'd love to hook up when your down here and see your beautiful silver car in person.
It appears that you're well on your journey on the "Slippery Slopes". A road trip wouldn't be until Spring when the passes in Southern Oregon/Northern Cal clear. Painted seat backs are tempting for sure as is the three spoke steering wheel. I'll be sure to post a notice of my impending travel plan for those who can or want to join in.
Old 12-19-2009 | 05:21 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
It appears that you're well on your journey on the "Slippery Slopes". A road trip wouldn't be until Spring when the passes in Southern Oregon/Northern Cal clear. Painted seat backs are tempting for sure as is the three spoke steering wheel. I'll be sure to post a notice of my impending travel plan for those who can or want to join in.
You realize, of course, that when your in Napa, you are DANGEROUSLY close to FD Motorsports and all that STUFF they make .....
Old 12-19-2009 | 06:40 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP

Hey, Viggo! How's my Turbo?? When are we going to take it to "The Ring" for a test drive??
Thanks for the kind words. Don't know if you caught it, but I finally got the TomTom cradle in the car...
The ring is the ultimate proving ground for any Porsche.. I guess you figured that out! Let's hit it as soon as the snow melts over here (it just arrived so a couple of months to go...).

I saw your post on the tomtom cradle - nice! I guess they solved some of our initial issues with the latest version, which is very good. It all seems pretty straight forward now. I just need to figure out if the connecting cable you bought for your Alpine head unit also works with the Becker Traffic Pro..? Thanks for taking on the project and keeping us informed..

Quick Reply: For your viewing pleasure - White and Silver