OT: Late introduction

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default OT: Late introduction

Hi all,
My name is Jon Paul (JP for short) and I've been lurking around here since October of last year. After gathering alot of great information from you guys, I bought a '95 coupe in December. The reason for the late intro is I live in Seattle most of the year but travel back to where I grew up, in Northern California, several times a year and the car is stored there. I had the car shipped to Nor. Cal last December and basically drove it about 1000 miles then put it into storage until I could get back down there in June. In the mean time, I've been buying slippery slope stuff and having it shipped down to California. Anyway, here's a few pictures of the car and where I stay and play when I get to go back home and visit...
#1 is my buddies garage where it all stays safe and sound...
#2 Car's get out for a little playtime. The Orange Speedster is a '56, the primered hulk in the foreground is a '58 Super Speedster that was cut in half for body parts 25 years ago. My friend who owns it, and I loaded it up in a 10 foot moving van a few days ago and drove it down to Texas to a shop that is going to put it all back together again.
#3 The ranch in Petaluma where I stay is Della Fattoria Ranch. They make Artisinal Bread in wood fired ovens and sell it at their Cafe in Petlauma and at several Farmers Markets around the Bay Area. http://www.dellafattoria.com/
I had PSS10's and ERP Toe Links put on the car at S-Car-Go in San Rafael the day before. What a difference, it corners flat now!
#4, 5 Drive to Pt. Reyes, caught up with a White Cab along the way (just testing out my new suspension)
#6 Beautiful Tomales bay
#7 The roads here are pure fun. I installed the 55W HID's and Silver Hood badge that week, I think you can just see it glinting in the sunshine
#8 Back at the ranch, my friend Yunker welded up a new wood burning Barbeque out of burnished stainless steel that we quickly named the Frankenfurnace. Everyone pitched in and we fired it up for dinner.
Enjoy! If anyone could tell me how to place text between uploaded pictures, it would be much appreciated
JP
Attached Images         
Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Great pics and write up! Enjoy your ride, and welcome to Rennlist!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:04 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,642 Likes on 2,322 Posts

welcome and thx for the great pix.
damn, i want some of that BBQ!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:17 PM
mie17
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pics
Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

Great intro! Love white 993's.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
If anyone could tell me how to place text between uploaded pictures, it would be much appreciated
JP! Welcome to a great group of enthusiasts. From your posts on the threads I frequent, I already know you're a welcome addition.

Thanks for the recent PM. I owe you & others personal responses. I literally just rolled into my driveway from the CO PCA Porsche Parade. Have to switch gears back into reality & get ready for the work-week. Dreamland was much more enjoyable.

I'll get to your PMed questions soon. In the meantime, I just zapped you a posting example that may help with placing text between pictures. (Likewise, Arena993's thread in the 'help' section may, uh... , help: : "How do I post text between images". Think he posted it about the time he started his brilliantly Smurfy photo-essays.)

I dig your pictures & write-up. Regarding photos:
#2 - I luv any Speedsters & 356s. Bet you had a blast on the drive to TX ... although it can seem unending. I think I once drove 7 hours from El Paso (SW TX) to Fort Worth (mid-TX). 7 hours to go half-way through a state, from W to E! at what may have been sub-sonic speed in Porsche cab ... until pulled over. After a few stories, the officer gave me his contact info & invited me back. Could have been much more dramatic! More preferable to make friends than pay huge fines -- Johnnie Law can be a great guy.
#4 & 5 - Point Reyes Station is a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for taking us along.

Oh yeah, one more thing -- SWEET 993!!! Welcome, lurker boy!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:26 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the kind words all.

Originally Posted by mooty
damn, i want some of that BBQ!!!
I know, right? Fresh ranch chicken and BBQ hot/sweet peppers are awesome. BTW, the Webers (the people who own the ranch) put on events for groups where you come to the ranch, watch the bakers work around the huge wood-burning ovens, then all sit down at a long table out in front of the Frankenfurnace for a catered fresh-from-the-farm meal with paired wines that will blow your mind. Hmm. Could be a future Rennlist meet and drive-up-the-coast event ...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by curve lover
I'll get to your PMed questions soon. In the meantime, I just zapped you an posting example that may help with placing text between pictures. (Likewise, Arena993's thread in the 'help' section may, uh... , help: : "How do I post text between images". Think he posted it about the time he started his brilliantly Smurfy photo-essays.)

I dig your pictures & write-up. Regarding photos:
#2 - I luv any Speedsters & 356s. Bet you had a blast on the drive to TX ... although it can seem unending. I think I once drove 7 hours from El Paso (SW TX) to Fort Worth (mid-TX). 7 hours to go half-way through a state, from W to E! at what may have been sub-sonic speed in Porsche cab ... until pulled over. After a few stories, the officer gave me his contact info & invited me back. Could have been much more dramatic! More preferable to make friends than pay huge fines -- Johnnie Law can be a great guy.
#4 & 5 - Point Reyes Station is a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for taking us along.

Oh yeah, one more thing -- SWEET 993!!! Welcome, lurker boy!
Thanks Jager, you are a gentleman and a scholar. After seeing your last post from Keystone, I'm even more intrigued by the Green 356 coupe. Looks like a bent window pre-A which makes it a pretty rare car. Late '52 or '53? In my murky past, I've owned a Yellow '53 Cab (with Rudge wheels, which I wish I had kept) and a White '55 1500 Super Speedster that I used to tear up Cotati Race Track with. Good times.
The trip to Texas was awesome. We didn't see alot of law, but we were driving a 10 foot moving van and taking our time. I'm laughing at your story, though. I've talked my way out of a few, and I agree that making friends is a much better way to get through adversity. Thankfully, we hit a cool(er) weather stretch the whole way. Took a side-trip through Sedona which was incredible. Saw a Guards-on-Black 993 Cab on the street in Kingman, Az and a few water pumper Turbo's and a GT3 on the long stretch in New Mexico. Great roadtrip, all in all. The Speedster was unloaded amongst a bevy of rare 356's in various stages of restoration. Couple of sunroof coupes, 4 Roadsters (one twingrill that I want badly , 3 other Speedsters, etc. A real, serious, working garage with great craftsmen that know what they're doing. I'll post some pic's when I get smarter about pictures and text. Hopefully soon with your help..
Old 07-06-2009, 07:33 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Beautiful car! Welcome...as you already know this is a GREAT place.

Quick Reply: OT: Late introduction