Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Who knows about '93-'98 Supras, I need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97_993C2
mlk118s, you're in a Porsche forum. These guys won't/don't understand. Supraforums is the place to go, but most of them mod their cars - just like most people on this forum. My son has an '95 NA Supra and hangs out there. His car is relatively stock, but he did put a small turbo on his car. My impression is that Mk IV Supras had a small dedicated following, but "The Fast and the Furious" blew it through the roof.

Hey Dan, I've met your son before. We've got very similar Supras.

mlk118s, I think supraforums.com would be the best place to list it but they have restrictions on who can sell there depending on post count and join date. Contact one of the administrators to get an approval first. It's a very active forum, so you should be able to find a buyer there. I would guess it'd go for something around $15-16k judging from your description. That seems to be what a n/a brings. If it were a factory TT 6spd, it's probably bring closer to $30k.

I don't think that you're going to find a buyer who will just store it away as a collector item. It's a n/a auto, pretty much what people don't want in a Supra! haha It's a perfect candidate to change over to turbo though. I'd bet that whoever buys it will at least do a turbo conversion, either by adding a turbo to the n/a motor (which is essentially as strong as the TT motor) or doing a engine swap from a JDM 2JZ-GTE car. In that form, the new owner would enjoy it much more, and I think that's the best you can hope for.

I got my 95 n/a auto back in Jan 2001 and drove it in that form until 2005. I did a 5spd swap and that made it a lot more fun. Then I added a turbo the next year, pushing to about 300whp. Pretty low compared to most Supra owners. Then, I changed to the full 6spd driveline so I wouldn't have to worry about broken transmissions, and that's about where it's been since. I enjoy the car more now than I ever did when it was n/a! I take it to the track as often as I can and it's been very reliable. Great car!

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure you'll find a decent buyer.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by mlk118s
A
2 1/2 years ago i acquired a 93 TT / 6 speed / non targa top car with 17k miles
It too was a "museum piece"

I trolled around the internet for some Supra sites, advertised it there and a few car shows and sold it to a guy who had another nearly identical car nearly as nice as the one he bought for me.

i didn't care what he did with it because it helped finance my 993 purchase.

Either my old car or his is now one of those 800hp monsters.

good on him!

i really liked the way the driver seat made you feel like you were in a cockpit, but the steering / chassis was very weak compared to the 993.

cheers

Craig
Attached Images     
Old 12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, no offense, but seriously. This has to be one of the worst cases of anthropomorphosis I've ever seen. You're selling a Toyota. A 13-year-old one with an automatic transmission. It has 65K miles, not 6K miles. It is not special. Not at all. Even if it did have 6K miles, it would still not be special. Unusual, yes. But not special. Tens of thousands of them rolled off the assembly line, many with turbochargers and six-speed manual transmissions that will always be worth more than yours.

If you want to sell the car, just sell the frigging thing. Put it on Ebay and Craigslist for whatever the going rate is for a nice, non-turbo, auto, Supra. Spare yourself the drama. It's not a person. It's not a family member or a friend. It doesn't have feelings. One day it will go to a car crusher, and nobody will care. And it's most certainly not a special car.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

you just ruined his christmas
Old 12-29-2009, 05:27 PM
lupin..the..3rd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Noah
And it's most certainly not a special car.
Oh it's definitely "special", but in a short-bus sort of way.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:18 AM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Noah
Tens of thousands of them rolled off the assembly line, many with turbochargers and six-speed manual transmissions that will always be worth more than yours.
Actually, they sold less than 12,000 total, n/a and turbo, from 93-98 in the US. Not sure what it was worldwide, but not a whole lot.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,385 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by }{arlequin
you just ruined his christmas
And your avatar ruined mine

Quick Reply: Who knows about '93-'98 Supras, I need some help.