Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Motorhome (RV)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 08:20 PM
whatyoutalknaboutwillis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW: my current RV ride is a new Beaver Contessa.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:01 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by whatyoutalknaboutwillis
BTW: my current RV ride is a new Beaver Contessa.
Well, who wouldn't enjoy riding a new Beaver!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
I have one and we use it for about every vacation we can. Taking the family to Disney for two weeks in Jan. I use it at the track as well and tow my race car around with it. Its a great way to slow down and smell the roses so to speak.

As for the guy that thinks everybody is in his way, just chill out. Life doesent revolve around you. Pull over and get a big gulp and some nitio before you end up having an MI.

My RV cruses the highway at around a nice 65 to 70. No problem keeping up with traffic. Not sure what your price range is but there are plenty to choose from right now. If it were me, Id get something with a Diesel just because it just pulls so nice and gets pretty good fuel economy for such a large pull.

I have an enclosed trailer for the race car and pull a Jeep for the rest of our trips. We have two girls 9 and 6 and they love going on trips.

Good luck on your search.
Man u have a fine taste in vehicles.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Thanks. Not trying to be too harsh to the "in a hurry" guy but just trying to get them to relax a little thats all. I promise to let people by if I have the chance

I have been slowly fixing up my rig, race car and trailer. Plan to eventually paint or buy a new trailer and paint it to match the tow rig.

I think RV travel is a great way to spend time with the family. This is my first coach and don't plan on upgrading for some time. I have had this one for 4 years and it does everything I need. The other benifit is I don't have to stop to let the kids go to the bathroom or get a snack. No trips to the airport, my vacation starts the second the RV door shuts. We watch videos, listen to music, books on tape etc... Just a different type of travel. You get tired and its pretty easy to find an RV park and just sleep for the night. I have never felt unsafe at an RV park.

Here is a pic of my camp in Colorado durring an ATV and Jeep trip. Can we say camp fire

Old 12-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

^^That looks like a lot of fun right there!!!!^^
Old 12-13-2009, 12:10 AM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you thought about renting one for a trip? I am planning on doing this in the spring, to see if I like it as much as I think I will like it.

Cheers,
Emerald
Old 12-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
Thanks. Not trying to be too harsh to the "in a hurry" guy but just trying to get them to relax a little thats all. I promise to let people by if I have the chance

I have been slowly fixing up my rig, race car and trailer. Plan to eventually paint or buy a new trailer and paint it to match the tow rig.

I think RV travel is a great way to spend time with the family. This is my first coach and don't plan on upgrading for some time. I have had this one for 4 years and it does everything I need. The other benifit is I don't have to stop to let the kids go to the bathroom or get a snack. No trips to the airport, my vacation starts the second the RV door shuts. We watch videos, listen to music, books on tape etc... Just a different type of travel. You get tired and its pretty easy to find an RV park and just sleep for the night. I have never felt unsafe at an RV park.

Here is a pic of my camp in Colorado durring an ATV and Jeep trip. Can we say camp fire
That is one fine looking setting and from the road dirt behind the wheels it looks like you took some nice back roads to get there.

The only camping I've done in the last 15 yrs was going to BMW motorcycle rallies, and that was with sleeping bag and tent strapped to the bike. As for my wife, her idea of roughing it is a Hilton instead of some fancy resort spa.

I wish I could do what you're doing now and I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 177 Posts

You may want to rent one to see what they are like. No affiliation, but may use them next season for a long DE trip.

http://www.allstarcoaches.com/
Old 12-13-2009, 11:37 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Well, who wouldn't enjoy riding a new Beaver!
You can come to Utah and visit but be careful, it can get a little hairy around Beaver. Beaver, Utah that is.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only camping I've done was going to BMW motorycycle rallies...993BillW
My fantasy has been to take a big Cat powered pusher to a National, with one of these, and an HP2, in the tank:

No standing in line for showers , and it pisses off the keeners, to boot.

I think it would be kind of fun to trandle along at 60 mph, way up off the ground, sitting in a captain's chair, with about 1,000 ft/lbs of torque available.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cactus
^^That looks like a lot of fun right there!!!!^^
Well, not to rub it in but im standing on the edge of a trout fishing lake to take the picture.

Going to Breckenridge for two weeks this year as well. This picture is from Lake city Colorado.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rinty
My fantasy has been to take a big Cat powered pusher to a National, with one of these, and an HP2, in the tank:

No standing in line for showers , and it pisses off the keeners, to boot.

I think it would be kind of fun to trandle along at 60 mph, way up off the ground, sitting in a captain's chair, with about 1,000 ft/lbs of torque available.
If I put the Banks kit on Id have 1400 ft/lbs of torque.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Reuben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Here's one for sale that may interest you...(no affiliation..)

http://www.symbolicmotors.com/car-85...tor-coach.html

- it even comes with an enclosed two-car trailer so you can take your Porsche(s) with you!

Last edited by Reuben; 04-09-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: OT: Motorhome (RV)