Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Replaced My Spoiler Wall Today

Old 12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by boulderbobo
Did it stop raining in BC? I noticed you changed your local in your avitar to the forrest

Bob-
Actually it's been quite nice and sunny here for a few days and it's supposed to stay like that for several more. Too bad the temperature has also dropped enough for them to start putting that f$%^'n liquid de-icer on the roads. Looks like the cars may have had their last ride for the season!

BTW, I've been treating my "walls" with 303 like mongrelcat. Not sure if this will help long term but it can't hurt and it sure looks better.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I blame him for all of this....

Bob-
Ahhh...I'm sorry we were not able to save you in time....you got the sickness too!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Elonash
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I blame him for all of this....

Bob-

Waow man, I've already read all your threads about your engine drop but these pics are awesome!!!
I'm just changing my lifters right now (with the engine in) and I take some time to clean here and there. I definitely can not reach the same cleanliness as you, especially behind the wheels arches and on alumnium structure!!!
How do you proceed ?? I've tried differents things and now I'm still disappointed of the result...
Old 12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job Bob! And don't worry, I had the car for 2 years before Darin (of FD Motorsports fame) casually pointed out to me that my car's spoiler wall was broken after a spirited Rennlist drive........
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget Porsche and Sunset, this is the way to go

Bob-
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM
arjag
Instructor

Thanks Bob,
Until I read this I didn't even know about a spoiler wall and sure enough, when I looked mine was completely ripped away from the top of the spoiler. Isn't this something that they might have picked up in a PPI last month? Hmmm.
Alex
98 Carrera S
Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can not believe it has taken me so long to weigh in on this. When I first started posting on this forum I looked up to Boulderbobo and all his talent. I aspired to be like him; Having the perfect car, everything in order, and doing all the work himself. There are some people who claim to do their own work and/or restoration but in reality they open the check book and pay someone elso to do the majority of the work. Not Bob, he is the "do it yourselfer". He has the pictures to prove it and the dirty fingernails to show the proof.

You can only imagine my horror when I discovered the duct tape on his 993 spolier wall I had placed Bob high on my "I want to be like him" list and then just like that the bubble burst! Duct tape, for god sakes! Every person you passed on the interstate saw that Bob! Have some respect. If that was not enough I walk into Boulder Porsche to pick up some parts to do my own work and find them replacing your spoiler wall. You have let me down. I will need time to sort out my thoughts!

Last edited by larpy; 12-07-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

My spoiler wall was also shot so I just got rid of it
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Cactus I like your thinking. I wonder if my wife would fall for that?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Forget Porsche and Sunset, this is the way to go

Bob-

Originally Posted by Cactus
So, does that mean if your underwear is ripped, just don't wear any ??
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
Awesome! Looks great!

It seems that you followed Robin's DIY. I hate to tell you this, but you didn't have to remove the spoiler, or turn a single bolt.

The spoiler wall can be replaced in about 5 minutes and no tools are required. The whole thing just snaps and slide in place in the 2 spoiler tubes.

I have replaced mine twice in the past 5 years. They break often. I check it every time I wash the car.
Well $%#&% man, when are you going to write up an updated DIY? Get busy. Think of the extra time Bob would have been able to spend xmas shopping! You made it so his kids would be w/out another couple of presents!

J/K, I hope you know!

Originally Posted by larpy
I can not believe it has taken me so long to weigh in on this. When I first started posting on this forum I looked up to Boulderbobo and all his talent. I aspired to be like him; Having the perfect car, everything in order, and doing all the work himself. There are some people who claim to do their own work and/or restoration but in reality they open the check book and pay someone elso to do the majority of the work. Not Bob, he is the "do it yourselfer". He has the pictures to prove it and the dirty fingernails to show the proof.

You can only imagine my horror when I discovered the duct tape on his 993 spolier wall I had placed Bob high on my "I want to be like him" list and then just like that the bubble burst! Duct tape, for god sakes! Every person you passed on the interstate saw that Bob! Have some respect. If that was not enough I walk into Boulder Porsche to pick up some parts to do my own work and find them replacing your spoiler wall. You have let me down. I will need time to sort out my thoughts!
Priceless! I love this group!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
arjag
Instructor

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Well $%#&% man, when are you going to write up an updated DIY? Get busy. Think of the extra time Bob would have been able to spend xmas shopping! You made it so his kids would be w/out another couple of presents!

J/K, I hope you know!

Priceless! I love this group!
Please write up the DIY!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:08 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Elonash
Waow man, I've already read all your threads about your engine drop but these pics are awesome!!!
I'm just changing my lifters right now (with the engine in) and I take some time to clean here and there. I definitely can not reach the same cleanliness as you, especially behind the wheels arches and on alumnium structure!!!
How do you proceed ?? I've tried differents things and now I'm still disappointed of the result...
Man....you don't want to know or go there...but if you do..

Do a search for Xenit here on RL and that will get you started.

Bob-
Old 12-07-2009, 09:12 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by arjag
Thanks Bob,
Until I read this I didn't even know about a spoiler wall and sure enough, when I looked mine was completely ripped away from the top of the spoiler. Isn't this something that they might have picked up in a PPI last month? Hmmm.
Alex
98 Carrera S
Alex, they probably never even raised the spoiler to inspect it. It's not really a big deal to replace and it will introduce you gently into the 993 DIYs

I don't recall seeing your new car here on the forum. Please take this opportunity to show off that beauty!

Bob-
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by larpy
I'll get that check right out to you

Bob-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replaced My Spoiler Wall Today