Sponsored by:

C2S vs C4S

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:14 PM
red89
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d964
Ken, you forgot, driveway guy's are usually fastest on the track as well...
I thought we were talking about STREET here.

I don't need a street or a track.
I'd be able to tell an AWD the first two feet.
Not my cup of tea to drive around town.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by MAPC
Not mine, but looks nice and appears to be well priced. I was tempted to go see it but I am really holding out for a C4S.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1449706747.html
That is a great looking C2S! Don't put to much into the big reds. Yes, they are bigger, but I actually prefer the feel to the small brakes. I do drive both on a regular basis, & track both.

The real difference is the AWD system. If it is that important to you, then get a 4S, if you just want a great looking 993, you can't go wrong with the 2S. I will say the 2wd cars feel a lot more nimble, & light. They also turn in a lot faster, & feel much more responsive. The AWD cars feel very planted & secure. They do not rotate as fast, but you can be on the gas much sooner, & harder. I feel they are evenly matched, just different driving styles.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
ReinerFink
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, all of the AWD cars came with a rear LSD. This is moot if you have 85k on your car as the factory LSD will shouting "mein leben!" every time you turn around a corner.

-reiner
Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Good info

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
That is a great looking C2S! Don't put to much into the big reds. Yes, they are bigger, but I actually prefer the feel to the small brakes. I do drive both on a regular basis, & track both.

The real difference is the AWD system. If it is that important to you, then get a 4S, if you just want a great looking 993, you can't go wrong with the 2S. I will say the 2wd cars feel a lot more nimble, & light. They also turn in a lot faster, & feel much more responsive. The AWD cars feel very planted & secure. They do not rotate as fast, but you can be on the gas much sooner, & harder. I feel they are evenly matched, just different driving styles.
This car does look pretty good --- but I am not a fan of the wing (even though it is factory) so I'd have to add $$ to replace that too. Probably a better car for someone who is truly looking for a 2S
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never experienced any problems stopping my CarreraS

Quick Reply: C2S vs C4S