Sponsored by:

Britax child seats measurements

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 AM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by David in LA
Tanger - thanks very much for the pic...do you know offhand if the dimensions for the bottom of the Boulevard is similar to that of the Diplomat?
I can try and take some quick measurements tomorrow - its a much bigger seat so I'm pretty sure the base is bigger but will check. Britax also makes a Roundabout 50, which is a version that will fit kids up to 50 lbs (vs 40 lbs.). Maybe that one has a similar base size, but just a guess.

Originally Posted by David in LA
To increase headroom, can't you remove the base of the carseat (it looks like removal would be permanent thoug)? Other than allowing the seat to tilt, does the base add any value? It looks like it reduces headroom by quite a bit.
There's another thread where someone did remove the base, I have no idea what value the base adds but I was loathe to mess with the car seat in case it did have some contribution to safety.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 552 Likes on 375 Posts

BK or Rennline harness mounts do not work very well with the LATCH attachements that come on the Britax. I used a COSTCO seat that uses LATCH hooks similiar to the ones used for the Tether strap. More of a hook than a clip and it fits over the Rennline harness mounts easily.
Correction...I used an Evenflo.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
seattle993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Britax Frontier

Does anyone know if Britax Frontier will fit in the coupe rear seat?
http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/frontier

Looking base shape in the photo, it doesn't look like it'll fit in well, but wanted to know if anyone has tried. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Britax child seats measurements