Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition courtesy light??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This must have been a mid-year '96 change as my '96 doesn't have it either. It sounds like a good mod but my key light does the job well enough for me.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:09 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ggg1ggg
This forum is great.

I've been wondering what that "hole" above the ignition was in my car, and meanwhile have been frustrated with having to blindly hunt for the ignition with my key (scratching the crap out of the surrounding area).

I read this, went out to the car, pulled out a guage (never done that before either), found the wire and bulb, jiggled the bulb, and it turned on.
I never even paid attention that there WAS a light there on the C4S. Then maybe 6-8 months ago, after five years of ownership, it started working. And it works without fail now.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:43 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, call me crazy (or I'm missing somehting here), but I simply insert the key into the ignition before I close the door.

BTW I don't even know if I have this light--I'll have to check!!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DanL993
OK, call me crazy (or I'm missing somehting here), but I simply insert the key into the ignition before I close the door.

BTW I don't even know if I have this light--I'll have to check!!
Yup, you're crazy. It adds at least 5 HP having your ignition key slot lighted, just think of all that speed you're leaving on the table!

Don't you know we have to have every little feature working on our cars, and if it is working we'll modify it still!

Waiting for someone to put a colored bulb in there to match their car's exterior....

Quick Reply: Ignition courtesy light??